Parenting
Options

To Buy or Not to Buy?

I saw a red Michael Kors peacoat jacket at Burlington for $60 on sale. I love the color and the fit, but not the big brown two tone buttons. Well, the sleaves are just a touch long even though it's a medium, which I normally buy for coats.

Should I buy it and eventually replace the buttons? I like it but I don't love it. I want to buy it because it's a good deal, but maybe I should wait for something else. WWPD?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)

Re: To Buy or Not to Buy?

• Options
    Can you PIP the coat?

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Options
    I don't know how to do it on mobile. I have photobucket, but apparently I'm PIP challenged.

I tried doing an image search, but it must be from quite a few seasons ago. Nothing looks like it. It's short with a double row of buttons. It's tailored with a collar but no hood.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    MrsCodeMonkeyMrsCodeMonkey member
    edited September 2013
    I removed the pic after receiving a lecture on Internet privacy from DH. Ehh...it's just a coat.

Thank you for the opinions :)

• Options
    MrsCodeMonkeyMrsCodeMonkey member
    edited September 2013

• Options
    I vote cute!
  • Options
    I like it! I have a similar one from Old Navy.
    But yeah, like pp, if you're not ever going to get around to changing the buttons don't. But if you actually will, do it! The sleeves don't look bad.

Formerly known as KJLx121.
  • Options
    Team if you don't love it don't buy it.  Also, I think you would look better in something more form fitting.  That coat looks a little big on you.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Options

Team if you don't love it don't buy it.  Also, I think you would look better in something more form fitting.  That coat looks a little big on you.

Why, thank you! I will admit to liking that brand, but I shouldn't buy something because of a label. My current coat is more form fitting and longer, but it has a ton of those fabric pills. I got a fabric shaver, but it didn't do a whole lot. Plus, it needs dry cleaning...

Also, I can sew on new buttons. I'd get black ones.

• Options
    Like Sandra Bullock said in The Blind Side, "if you don't love it in the store, you won't love it at home" or something along those lines. Skip it and find something you do love.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"