Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

9 month-sleep regression

Anyone else's lo going through a sleep regression at 9 mos? We're into our 4th week of ds not only NOT sttn, but he's waking up consistently every hour to hour & a half throughout the night. Sometimes he'll nurse and fall back to sleep, other times he wants to play. We co-sleep, so hubs and I can at least squeeze in "naps" when ds falls asleep, but this is getting exhausting. Not only that, since he's nursing throughout the night, I can't get up to pump, so he's getting his first formula bottle at daycare today. Can anyone relate? I know he's busy learning new skills right now (he's crawling everywhere, now standing and trying to ease into walking), but I keep hoping he'll soon return to his "old" self and sttn, even if just a few times a week. Thoughts? Encouraging words? 

Re: 9 month-sleep regression

• Options
    We are, with both of our boys!  They were just 9 months yesterday but for the last week they have both been waking up once or twice a night... I can't imagine 4 weeks... I know it's normal but I am ready to go back to sleeping through the night.
  • Options
    Yes. It happened to us a week before LO turned 9 months and lasted almost 2 weeks. He learned now to stand in his crib and that was part of it. He was waking 2 to 3 times a night. It drove me insane. It'll pass. Hang in there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yup! Not as bad as that, but there's been a definite regression as he gets closer to crawling. He has now decided he wants to be a belly sleeper, but has complete freak outs when he wakes up on his belly - as though he suddenly forgets that he knows how to roll back over, and does it all day long when he's out of the crib. Seriously baby, stop. freaking. out.

I'm dreading what happens when he starts standing/pulling up. Ugh!
    Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DS has also been waking a lot, but he wants to eat. I'm guessing it's either teeth or growth spurt.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Yup, she had her growth spurt about a week before she turned 9 months, and it lasted almost 2 weeks.  She was up 2-4 times per night, and I thought I was going to lose my mind!  Hopefully your little guy will get back to his old self soon...
  • Options
    We are dying over here.  I'm at my wits end.  No advice; just empathy.
  • Options
    My LO isn't sleeping well at all. She keeps waking up to cry once an hour and then goes back to sleep most of the time. I think it's because she's teething.
  • Options
    Our LO did for about 6 weeks. Between teething, crawling, learning to stand, etc it was miserable. Hang in there. It gets better!!
    Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
    Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"