June 2013 Moms

PSA S/O getting pregnant

With all the recent announcements I feel the need to let all the June ladies know I have been on the regular birth control pill for a week now and happily nursing DD as I type this. She was a little fussy at the boob for a couple of days, but I'm not sure if it was a supply problem or teething issues (I've had no time to pump this week so i can't really tell if my supply dropped). Either way, she's back to nursing very well and I do not plan on POAS again for a while.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PSA S/O getting pregnant

• Humm I thought my doctor said I could get back on my regular BC while nursing because of something passing through the milk. If I misunderstood I would love to get back on it. I'm scared shitless of the mini pill(thats what I'm taking now)after hearing the pregnancy coming from it.
  • I've seen it mentioned on the BF board here that it is only not recommended because it can affect your supply. My OB said as long as BFing is "well established" I could go on the regular pill. I'm on Alesse (not sure if it's called something else in the US) because it has one of the lowest hormone levels of regular BC.

• Loading the player...
  • Oh really, thanks for the info. I am going to ask about this because I have no more faith in the mini pill. I'm glad it hasn't decreased your supply.
  • I've heard that once your supply has been established, the regular pill is ok.
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/10/13 M/C 6/12/12
    BFP#2 9/28/12 EDD 6/5/13 J.B. born 6/6/13

Anniversary

• Well since @flerlgirl got to scare the crap out of everybody on her thread I want to join the party ;) The pill I mentioned I got pregnant on? Yeah, it was Alesse. Sleep well! I've heard it's more likely to cause problems with those who depend a lot on pumping but I don't know how true that is. Personally I won't risk it because I worked waaay too get my supply where it is and I don't want to mess with it.
    Ahhhh! Why?!?!? You actually didn't freak me out *too* much because I was on Alesse for 1.5 years and not very careful about taking it everyday, still took 8 months of being off it to get KU. I will at least be more careful about taking it everyday now.

I think you are right about it causing more issues with pumping. As someone pointed out to me, when your not pumping you can just keep sticking baby on the boob.

• I got pregnant using condoms.... :/

• I got pregnant using condoms.... :/

I'm so scared of this! I'm not on any bc because when I was on the pill I got ragey and mean, then when I came off I had the mother load of periods sending me to the ER because I was bleeding so bad with huge clots. I don't like taking medicine, I forget, and just don't like taking medicine in general unless I really need it. I'm scared if an iud. I might do the 3 mo shot (depo?) but I haven't decided... DH doesn't want me on any bc because he is scared of potential side effects... Condoms are only like 80-85% effective against pregnancy and this LO was conceived literally the first time we went without protection/pull out. I'm skeered. We're never having sex... lol

image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"