December 2013 Moms

Ugh to my dentist!

Started getting a weird headache Friday and by Saturday morning I realized it was a tooth causing the pain. started taking Tylenol and called my dentist after hours number. She called in a rx for antibiotics and I asked her if it was safe while I was 7 mo pregnant. She said she wasn't certain and to ask the pharmacist, he said yes it is safe. I called dentist again today to see what we could do, she said to call her office early Monday and see if I could get in. I asked her for a pain rx since I wasn't comfortable taking tylenol so often and she said to take ibuprofen. I informed her I wasn't supposed to take that during pregnancy. She then said she wouldnt call in a pain med for me and since I couldn't take ibuprofen then I should take Aspirin.

Called my clinic after hours and they said they would not page a doctor for such questions about pain relief so I called Labor and Delivery. Thank goodness for them. The doctor was very helpful, said Im taking too much Tylenol and that dentist can be hard to rely on for whats safe and that Aspirin is a big no. They will be calling in a pain med to pharmacy for me and said to get orajel as well.  I usually hate bugging after hours staff of any place but it is so different when your worried about baby

Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Ugh to my dentist!

• I hope you get some relief soon!
    Rainbow Baby born 12/14/13

• I'm glad you were able to talk to someone who could actually help.  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies. The orajel stuff is amazing and L&D gave me vicodin which I will take the smallest amount before bed. I also armed myself with dental dos and dont's so that I will be prepared when I go in and not second guess any treatments. Dentist did call and check in on me tonight and said she will get me in tomorrow
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"