June 2013 Moms

First Birthday - anyone already started planning

We've recently been to 3 1st year bday parties over the past 2 months and it gets me thinking about LO turning 1 which seems so far away but I'm sure it will go by fast. Anyone already started thinking about your LO's first birthday? Theme already in mind?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: First Birthday - anyone already started planning

• I have! but really its just been kept in mind type planning!!
  • Loading the player...
  • How funny you posted this! My husband and I just checked out a few parks today to have her birthday. No theme in mind yet.
    BFP #1 10/5/12 at 14 DPO | EDD 6/15/13 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • YES!! But I am a freak planner lady. The theme will be "this birthday is brought to you by the number 1 and the letter T" Sesame Street style :)

My friend and SIL had the same theme for their LOs.
    BFP #1 10/5/12 at 14 DPO | EDD 6/15/13 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wasn't but now I am! Maybe I will do Dr. Seuss since that has been a "theme" since I was pregnant with her.

image image

• LOL, you crazy.  ;-)

No because it all goes so fast.  I want her to stay tiny as long as possible!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker<Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • @carolynl8 it's such an easy one to do because you can have all the food/favors that start with the letter
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • CarolynL8 said:

@carolynl8 it's such an easy one to do because you can have all the food/favors that start with the letter

Im already thinking of stuff that starts with J to figure out how to really take advantage of that theme!! Lol
    :)
    Jello. Jelly beans. Jerky. Jam.
    Jumping beans. Jellyfish.

• CarolynL8 said:

I LOVE jellyfish!! Not sure theyre party friendly but i love them. ;)

You could use them as decorations!! With streamers hanging down for the tentacles! That would be suuuuper cute

• Wow y'all are some overachieving planners, haven't thought of it yet.

I'm a freak! I've already got 2nd bday in mind...2 at the zoo!!

• Yes! We are currently building on a lake, we close in December so for his 1st birthday I want to do a fishing theme. We'll BBQ and then have everyone come and fish and have a fishey themed party, I'm so excited already about it!

Married 07/29/10 and blessed with our Baby Boy Bowen on 06/17/2013

• I have been trolling Pinterest for cake ideas. I can't wait to make her 1st birthday cake!
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• nope- haven't thought of it yet. 

I've thought of 1 year pictures though- I def. want a cake involved...and him messy eating it for sure. lol.

• My mom and I started planning! We want to do a shark theme. I love summer birthdays (mine is 2 days after MJ's) I can't wait :)
  • skio said:
    Backyard BBQ, woot. So happy to have a kid with a summer bday this time. The theme is "our kid is turning one, come have a beer to celebrate the fact that we're all still alive."
    I like that theme!
    I have not even come close to thinking about this yet.  Now that you've brought it up though I'm going to have to start pinning away....I'm really excited he has a summer birthday too.  Mine is always when it is cold and I would wish for warm weather. :)

img_1297_lighter 
  • I'm with skio! We have a big pool. When we bought our house 2 years ago I told my husband we're only having summer babies from now on. We will do a Cookie Monster theme because I saved all of the banners and stuff from G's party.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think we'll end up having to have two parties. One with my family and on with his. The distance is just too far. Haven't thought of a theme yet. We're pretty geeky, so it will probably be a geeky theme for both.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a theme and a Pinterest board. We were team green and referred to LO as 'ninja'. She always kicked once really fast during her ultrasounds. So I found some girl ninja invites and made an executive desion to have a ninja bday party. I'm sure years to come things will be pink and princess so I'll do something different now that she has no say!
  • I love planning parties! His first birthday will be baseball themed and will be "J's Rookie Year" with hotdogs, peanuts, cracker jacks, etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • skio said:

Backyard BBQ, woot. So happy to have a kid with a summer bday this time. The theme is "our kid is turning one, come have a beer to celebrate the fact that we're all still alive."

LOL! Great theme.

image image

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'll probably do a baseball theme since that's what his room is done in it. 

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• I know his theme is going to be monsters.  I've decided that's his "thing." :)  DS1 had a sock monkey first bday and a Sesame Street 2nd birthday. Poor kid got a couple Spiderman plates and some cupcakes for his third birthday because I was 8+ months pregnant and just couldn't lol
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• kmkaull2 said:
    LOL, you crazy.  ;-)

No because it all goes so fast.  I want her to stay tiny as long as possible!
    Agreed!
  • Now you guys have me thinking! I swear I was not thinking about this at all until I started reading all of these cute ideas!
  • I was planning it before DD was born. :\">

Since DS will be 3 on May 31 and DD will be 1 on June 21, we are going to have joint monkey themed party. We will still celebrate their individual birthdays, but since their birthdays are so close together and in the summer we are going to have an outdoor BBQ. Since they are young we can do this and they won't care about sharing a party. :)
  • Not REALLY planning. But I do know that we're doing a Raggedy Ann theme. :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"