November 2012 Moms
Options

Car/Seat- we don't fit!

I've been looking to trade my Mazda 3 for quite a while now for something bigger. DD is almost out of her infant seat which I use in my car (barely fits, but we manage). My husband drives a Jeep Patriot and we have to have the passenger seat all the way up in order to fit the full size car seat rear facing. We went car shopping today and checked out a Grand Cherokee, Equinox, Sorento, Journey. They are all bigger than the Patriot, but we still seem to have the same issue. I don't know if I just got a large car seat...it seems like it should fit comfortably in a mid-size suv. How is everyone else fitting? Any suggestions? I would like to stick to an SUV that is not massive. Should I invest in a different car seat? This is our car seat: https://www.toysrus.com/buy/babies-r-us-exclusives/car-seats/evenflo-titan-elite-convertible-car-seat-collier-37011166-11468530

it says it fits a compact car to an SUV...hmm....

Re: Car/Seat- we don't fit!

• Options
    It's a convertible car seat, so it probably fits a compact car Forward Facing only. 

I'm looking for a new vehicle as well...an SUV. Just browsing at the moment, not sure what will fit in which vehicles yet. 

Good luck!
  • Options
    I have a britax pavilion which is a fairly large car seat and I drive an Equinox and we have no problems, there is still room for my DH to move the seat back without touching the seat. The back seat in my equinox moves though and I'm not sure if the new model does, which might make a difference. Also try adjusting the angle of the seat, that may be the issue
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have the Journey and a Britax as well. To get it to work so you can give front passenger some leg room you just need to make sure rear passenger seat is moved all the way back.

In my car (Subaru Outback) we have no issues at all. 

Will say...we love our Dodge Journey. Not like driving a tank but with all the perks of an SUV.
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have a Kia Sorento, which I absolutely love.  We have Harper in a MyRide65 by Graco, which is HUGE.  We call it her lazyboy.  She loves it, and it should get her close to 4 rear-facing.  We also have plenty of room in the passenger seat (her seat is behind it). 

• Options
    I got a Mazda5 in August and LOVE it! I was very anti-minivan, but it's smaller and sportier than the others while still giving you the extra room. LO's Britax Marathon fits great.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    thanks everyone! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"