December 2013 Moms

Glass Bottles

Hello ladies!

My husband and I are starting to look into bottles (something just little, I know) .. Anyways, have any of you ladies used glass bottles vs. plastic? If so what are the differences between them? And what would you reccommend?

Thanks!

Re: Glass Bottles

• Glass scares me. What if baby drops it? Or you drop it? I would go with BPA free plastic bottles. I would get only a few of each to see which nipple LO prefers.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I used glass occasionally, there really was no difference or benefit to me. I stopped using them when DD was old enough to hold it herself because I didn't want her to drop them. 
  • Loading the player...
  • FTM here but I'm going with a few of each to start. I'm going to try the Avent Natural line, as they claim to be breast feeding friendly. I registered for a starter set of the plastic which includes 3 sm and 2 large bottles, and seperately registered for 3 additional small glass bottles.

I like the idea of glass, but I don't know if Ill like the glass once LO is old enough to hold the bottle herself for reasons others mentioned.
  • We registered for both, but mostly glass. Plastic scares me, and believe it or not glass bottles are very sturdy. I'm sure we will be switching when it is necessary to do so. 
                                                                Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

Met 9/2001
    Engaged 3/15/2006
    Married 5/19/2007
    DD 12/12/13
    DS 6/6/2016

M/C 9/29/18 @ 6w
     BabyFruit Ticker
    Our little tie breaker due 8/1/19!  <3

• There are silicon sleeves available to fit around glass bottles. The reviews I've read about them pretty much all say the glass is strong & will not shatter if its dropped. Another bonus to glass (besides chemical/environmental) is they will last longer than plastic so youll be able to use them with future children too. I'm a first time mama but for what it's worth, I'm using born free glass bottles with the sleeves.
  • I plan to use glass. I just prefer the idea of glass vs plastic though I used plastic with my son. They make the glass bottles very sturdy and they make the silicone sleeves.
  • I have a number of glass water bottles for DD that can be converted to bottles for this LO. Other than that, I'm going to use Dr. Browns unless for some reason LO doesn't like them.
  • I got Dr. Brown's, Tommee Tippee and one other kind I'm forgetting now -- two of each, just to see what works the best. All glass, only one kind came with silicone sleeves, but the sleeves can be bought separately for all. We're a low-plastics kind of household, though.
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • Where does one find glass bottles? Does babies r us sell them?

Yep.
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)

BRU sells them in stores and online and Target sells them online. Target may sell them in stores but not at the one close to me.
  • I used born free glass bottles and had no issues
  • I just used BPA-free plastic bottles (the vast majority are these days). Glass is heavier and I also worried about the possibility of it breaking. DD actually took really well to the Medela bottles so I mostly used those -- super convenient too because I could just pump directly into the bottle if I wanted to. I'll use those again, plus I have 1 or 2 other types in case this LO has a different preference.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"