1st Trimester

anyone busted out the maternity pants yet?

i'm 9wks and have had to bust out the maternity jeans today. my regular jeans just weren't cutting it anymore and i'm sick of using an elastic band. i know its just bloat at this stage, but i just think comfort is more important than waiting for a particular week. how long was it before you started with maternity wear? i'm gonna order some more pants tonight, but i'll leave tops until much later. i mostly wear loose fitting tops anyway (i have giant boobs and a small waist), so i don't think i'll need them for a while. 

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

Re: anyone busted out the maternity pants yet?

• Yep! I had been wearing maternity leggings and my end of the summer dresses to get through the last few weeks of bloat. I picked up maternity jeans and two work pants and I am loving the jeans.

• Sweats for now because I'm superstitious and am afraid as soon as I put on anything maternity something will go wrong.
  • Loading the player...
  • I know what you mean about being sick of the elastic band! I was sick of that 2 days after I started wearing it.. They are really uncomfortable. I had to start wearing it at about 9 or 10 weeks because of the bloating, it was awful. I just started wearing yoga pants after that! I'm actually starting to need maternity pants now and I'm still not crazy about them! Wear what makes you comfortable, regardless of whether its baby or bloat!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wore a pair of maternity jeans the other day, even though my jeans still fit, but they are a little too tight for my comfort level.  IMO they don't look too tight, but I was having an especially uncomfortable day and just wanted to be comfortable.  I am still in my work uniform, but I have a feeling the change is coming within the next couple of weeks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I busted mine out around 7 weeks. Not so much because my pants don't fit, but because they were rubbing on my c/s incision, and I couldn't stand it anymore.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow with twins, and I had to start wearing maternity pants earlier this week. My jeans would still zip/button, but getting quite uncomfortable. I feel so big in the middle, and I've actually LOST 4 lbs from pregnancy sickness.
    m/c my Angel Baby in 2000
    IUIs with clomid from 2009-2011   Feb 2011 - Tubal surgery (repair)  Jan 2012 - Tubal surgery (remove)  
    8/13 IVF#1.  Lupron/Follistim protocol - b/g twins born April 1 at 34 +1.  Luckiest woman in the world.
    8/15 FET #1 - transferred 1 thawed embryo - Pregnant with Baby C, it's a girl!  Due April 2016. Pregnancy Ticker  

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future"   Jer 29:11
    "All things work together for good to them that love God, who are the called according to His purpose"  Rom 8:28
    "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of salvation unto all who believe"  Rom 1:16
  • I had to get a Bella Band a week and a half ago (I'm a little over 9 weeks now).  Even though I've lost weight, I have gained 3 inches in my lower belly.  The Bella Band over my jeans when we were out this weekend was almost comical.  It is barely hanging on!!  I can zip the pants, but it is so uncomfortable--way worse than if it was fat!  My maternity pants are in the mail!  Destination Maternity has a buy 3 get one free sale, BTW.   
  • I am almost there, still using the belly band.  Probably by next week I will have my matermity work pants out.
    surprise BFP 7/12/05 = missed m/c and D&C 9/28/05; TTC since 10/06; 1/16/08-D&C to remove bicournate uterus; 4 IUI's = BFN, 2 IVF's = BFFN. 8/5/09 Surprise BFP!! = another missed m/c and d&c 9/28/09 IVF #3 May 2010 = BFP!!!!  Beautiful DD born 1/16/2012.  8/1/13 Surprise BFP!!!  EDD 4/13/14.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"