Baby Names
Options

I need help naming my baby girl.

Hi. I have 3 boys already and I need help naming my baby girl. I thought it would be easier naming a girl but I thought wrong. So far we came up with Aneliessa. But it is a last resort kinda thing. I'm not feeling it yet. It's a combination of Anthony and Melissa which is our names. My youngest sone is Giovanni. What would sound good for a sibling name Giovanni? Any suggestions?

Best Answers

Answers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Joy2611 said:

Whew.  I love Giovanni.

What about going with another traditional Italian name?  Francesca, Alessandra, Gemma, Lucia?

I would really give up on any smoosh names.  They are difficult to live with, spell and pronounce.  Besides, Giovanni is so classic that a made up name doesn't seem right with it.

I could get behind Annalise, though.  Similar in feel, but a legit name.

EDIT: oh, what about Antonia?  Gawsh, I love that name.  Antonia Melissa?  Combination of your names that are both great names on their own!

All of this. Antonia is a beautiful name.

• Options
    Amelia, Selena, Eliza...I do like pp suggestion of Antonia too.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options
    Anel..ssa is awful. Way too many letters, it would definitely NEVER be spelled correctly and plus I just don't like any names that have the sound "anal" in them. I think you got some nice suggestions from PPs.
    BLAD reppin'

• Options
    I  like PP's suggestions of Alessandra or Francesca, both go really nicely w/Giovanni

- Married October 27, 2007 - TTC since June 2013 -
  • Options
    Annalisa is a legit Italian name, and way easier to spell.
  • Options
    We'll, my husbands legal name is Antonio. So is his dad and dad's dad, and Giovanni's first name is Antonio lol. It's Antonio Giovanni but Everyone calls him Giovanni. My other sons name are Jason marquell, and angel roman but we call him roman. So it's Jason, roman and Giovanni. I do like italian names but haven't found any I love yet. And my husband has names like grace or Chloe but I'm not a fan.
  • Options
    Joy2611 said:
    Whew.  I love Giovanni.

What about going with another traditional Italian name?  Francesca, Alessandra, Gemma, Lucia?

I would really give up on any smoosh names.  They are difficult to live with, spell and pronounce.  Besides, Giovanni is so classic that a made up name doesn't seem right with it.

I could get behind Annalise, though.  Similar in feel, but a legit name.

EDIT: oh, what about Antonia?  Gawsh, I love that name.  Antonia Melissa?  Combination of your names that are both great names on their own!
    This-go classic Italian!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We'll, my husbands legal name is Antonio. So is his dad and dad's dad, and Giovanni's first name is Antonio lol. It's Antonio Giovanni but Everyone calls him Giovanni. My other sons name are Jason marquell, and angel roman but we call him roman. So it's Jason, roman and Giovanni. I do like italian names but haven't found any I love yet. And my husband has names like grace or Chloe but I'm not a fan.

So clearly Antonia is out. What about Arabella, Bianca, Valentina, Donatella, Gioa, Gianna, Giada, Giuliana, Michelina, Francesca, Livia, Carmella, Adriana?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Mego04Mego04 member
    edited September 2013
    Anel..ssa is awful. Way too many letters, it would definitely NEVER be spelled correctly and plus I just don't like any names that have the sound "anal" in them. I think you got some nice suggestions from PPs.
    Glad someone else said it because I wasnt going to be the first! I like some of the other suggestions.  Guilianna? (Sp?)

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"