Connecticut Babies

Best hospital??

I recently moved to Middletown CT and I am looking for a new OBGYN. Also, I was hoping to hear feedback on hospitals in the area

Re: Best hospital??

• I delivered in Bristol and loved it. I've had a lot of family deliver in New Britain and they've had great experiences there too!
  • We recently moved to Connecticut and a friend recommended Middletown OB and associates when we found out we were pregnant. She had nothing but great things to say and she also delivered in Middletown.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Dr Yordan was her ob and she delivered at Middlesex hospital. Sorry, just wanted to clarify!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Dr. Jeffrey Mihalek in Newington at Grove Hill Medical Center

The Hospital of Central Ct- New Britain

Wonderful experience with both!- Wouldn't trade my Doctor for any other!

I switched to him when I found out I was pregnant (didn't like my current Dr.). I did a lot of research and got a ton of personal experiences/opinions which lead me to him. He is wonderful!

• I delivered at Midstate and had a fabulous experience.  

Our pedi is out of Yale and we love them too so I am sure Yale is a great option as well and I know that their NICU is one of the best.  

• My SIL delivered at Middlesex. She was very pleased with her experience there.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Consumer reports did an article rating all the hospitals in CT and Middlesex was ranked the best.

I'm delivering there. My doctors are Middlesex OBGYN.. There are 3 doctors you see throughout your pg, so you get to know all of them.. Yorden, Wei and Siegel. Dr. Siegel is my favorite he's hilarious! but they're all really nice. I've never waited more than 2 minutes for anything appt, lab work, etc and everyone is super friendly. Plus they have a couple different office locations which is convenient.
  • I'm due in 12 days 1/29/13 and ill be delivering at Yale hospital.
  • I delivered at THOCC-New Britain both times and had great experiences with Dr. Roy.
  • Bristol Hospital is nice, my friend had both her daughters there and I was there for both deliveries.  great experience
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • UCONN was a great experience for me.
  • I go to Crescent Street OBGYN and will be delivering across the street at Middlesex. My sister-in-law delivered at Middlesex and she had a great experience. For what it's worth, the rooms were rather nice compared to Hartford Hospital.

Crescent Street has a friendly staff...some doctors I prefer much more than others mainly for their outlook on the pregnancy, my activity level, etc. 

• Another vote for Middlesex and Middlesex OBGYN.  Irons, Wei, Yordan, and Siegel are great.  Siegel delivered me at Middlesex, and while he's actually my least favorite ( the man doesn't shut up ) he delivered my son safe and sound.  The nurses at Middlesex are AMAZING.  I would've never been able to stick out my med-free birth plan if not for the support of my husband and the awesome nurses there.  The rooms are really nice and up to date. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a great experience at Middlesex Hospital, I would highly recommend it. I had a high risk pregnancy and a couple complications pop up and they were great every time! You really feel taken care of , the nurses are very helpful and the rooms are pretty nice compared to others I've seen. My family also loved the hospital because it is a somewhat small and easy hospital to navigate. Good luck with everything!:) 
  • imageschrodie2:
    Dr Yordan was her ob and she delivered at Middlesex hospital. Sorry, just wanted to clarify!

This is my OB practice!!  There are five doctors and they will want you to see everyone just in case "your" doctor isn't the one on call when you go into labor.  I like Dr. Wei and Dr. Seigel the best.  Yordan is good, but he's not my favorite.  I haven't met Dr. Irons or Dr. Miller yet.

Middlesex Hospital is a "Baby Friendly" Hospital and gets great reviews.  I'm going  there.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I delivered at Middlesex in Middletown and it was fabulous! I go to Crescent Street OBGYN. I love Dr. Boney, and Dr. McCloud and Suzy Davis (Midwife)
  • I am planning on delivering at Middlesex and also use Crescent Street and I have no complaints and have heard great things about Middlesex hospital. 
  • I'm delivering at Yale and use Yale Maternal Fetal Medicine. I used to see Tracy Levine out of CT Multi-Speciality Group/Hartford Hospital when I was in high school/college. She was the best!
  • henrykali said:
    I'm delivering at Yale and use Yale Maternal Fetal Medicine. I used to see Tracy Levine out of CT Multi-Speciality Group/Hartford Hospital when I was in high school/college. She was the best!
    Dr. Levine delivered my LO. She is fantastic :)

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"