Stay at Home Moms
Options

Anyone have a Roomba or something like it?

Today I decided I need a Roomba (I can't keep up with my kitchen floor. Just can't.) and it turns out they cost, oh, about $400 more than I thought.  My friend said she has a Neato which is similar but cheaper (still $250 though) and she hasn't had to pick up a vacuum since.  I'm trying to justify it. 

If you have something like it, do you love it? Worth the money?

If I were to put it upstairs and open all the bedroom doors, does it go in and out of the rooms on it's own, or do I have to keep moving it from room to room?
DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!

Re: Anyone have a Roomba or something like it?

• Options
    Hi... First time visiting the SAHM board.

I got a Roomba when DH bought a riding lawnmower after we moved to our new house. It has a lot of tile and we have a dog and cat and had dust bunny tumbleweeds. We started the Roomba to run every day and now we run it 3x a week and it keeps those under control.

It will go anywhere it can go. You don't have to keep moving it. There are electronic "walls" that will block it from going in an area if you want.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

I have a really old model of the Roomba. We used it right after we got married as our house was all tile and wood. I really liked it. Our model had little sensors that would stop it if you didn't want it to go somewhere, but otherwise it would just travel around. I would check it out if you have heard good things about it and it had good reviews.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    sunnydays99sunnydays99 member
    edited September 2013
    Dh got me a roomba for Christmas a few years ago. I used it 5-10 times and now it's in the back of a closet somewhere. We have a golden retriever and the roomba was no match for her shedding; the bin thing is so small I was constantly emptying it and having to clean the beater bars . Also, it was annoying having to charge it between basically every room. For me it was way easier to just grab the vacuum and spend 10 minutes to do the whole house.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Loppy19 said:

redfallon said:

Hi... First time visiting the SAHM board.

I got a Roomba when DH bought a riding lawnmower after we moved to our new house. It has a lot of tile and we have a dog and cat and had dust bunny tumbleweeds. We started the Roomba to run every day and now we run it 3x a week and it keeps those under control.

It will go anywhere it can go. You don't have to keep moving it. There are electronic "walls" that will block it from going in an area if you want.

Hi @redfallon!!

Hi @Loppy19!! :::wave:::

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    don't have one but really, really want one. sure it's not going to do as thorough a job as far as getting every corner, but if it can touch up the main traffic areas while i'm out of the house i would lurve it.

but considering that i have a dog who runs from the vacuum, i can't imagine leaving it to chase her around the house. #firstworldproblem  #myfirsthashtag
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"