August 2012 Moms

One nappers

How did you decide your LO was ready for 1 nap?  Our nanny started the transition this week and DD is a total crab by the time I come home from work.  I hate it since I only get an hour with her and she is cranky now.  I am wondering if it is too soon.
995468_10151780121619767_1204953917_n
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: One nappers

• DS did it on his own. He started refusing to go down in the morning so one nap it was. He's still working it out and he's waking g earlier and only napping an hour on a good day so he's crabby by the time I get home too. I hope he works it out soon.
  • Even though J was more than ready, it took him about a week to adjust. Maybe give it a few more days and then reevaluate?
    SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Our daycare transitioned her to the toddler room, where they take 1 nap at around 12:30 or 1.  With us, she takes a nap around 10 and another at 3.  I don't think she is ready for one nap.  Like PP, I wanted to wait for DD to do it on her own, but oh well.  M-F she gets one nap and I don't know how they get her to stay up until 1:00!
  • I did it. She always took a long nap in the morning and then would do it again late afternoon. Her late afternoon one started lasting till 6 pm and screwed with her bedtime, so I just started putting her down later in the morning and now she'll sleep from about 11ish to 3ish. Then she's ready for bed at 730 or 8. It's a beautiful thing.
  • I did it. She always took a long nap in the morning and then would do it again late afternoon. Her late afternoon one started lasting till 6 pm and screwed with her bedtime, so I just started putting her down later in the morning and now she'll sleep from about 11ish to 3ish. Then she's ready for bed at 730 or 8. It's a beautiful thing.

Super jealous of this nap! Oh the thing I could get done:$
  • DS started fighting his naps. The afternoon ones first and then the morning one which kept getting later and later. I decided to try and see how he did if I pushed his morning nap back. I only pushed it back an hour and he did fine for the rest of the day after taking a 2-2.5 hour nap. It took about a month of adjusting to it but it really is working. He moved his nap earlier by half an hour on his own but he will nap for 3.5 hours most days.

For your LO, I say if she's pretty cranky by the end of the day, she's not ready yet. That was my indicator when I initially tried switching to one nap before DS started fighting naps.
  • I loved her 2 naps and miss them. Her babysitter waits for me to come get her so I wont come in the middle of a nap. Since work has been better and I'm staying later, that pushed me getting there to about 1, so she misses her morning nap. Now on days I'm off work she only wants to take 1. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

That is kind of what I thought would happen but instead she is just taking an hour nap and it does not seem to be enough.
    995468_10151780121619767_1204953917_n
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This is what I think my boys are going towards. But I don't know if they'd sleep for 4 hours! Wow! Lucky, lucky!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't want to sound like I'm bragging, but yesterday, we ran errands till one, so she didn't get her nap till then. She then proceeded to sleep till 530. I had to wake her up, so that she could eat dinner. She was back down at 830. I just lucked out with a great sleeping baby. I'm so, so thankful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"