Stay at Home Moms

Weight loss question

So, we were out of town this weekend, and I ate pretty much whatever I wanted since Thursday. All of our meals were eaten out and I had a lot of junk food too. I *maybe* ate slightly better than I normally would on a trip before my most recent weight loss efforts but not a ton better. Today I weigh at least a pound less than before we left. This seems to happen to me really frequently, where if I eat badly for a few days, I will lose some weight, but then when I go back to eating fewer calories, I gain it back. Any idea why this happens?

Re: Weight loss question

• If you have been eating less calories for a while and are at a plateau, it is recommended to eat more calories for a few days to "shock your system" so to speak. You have to switch things up once you have been doing the same thing for a while. Just like those workout dvds work so well (insanity, etc.) because the exercises are always changing so your body doesn't have time to adapt. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You may be dropping your calorie and/or fat intake too much. It sounds counterproductive but eating fat can help you lose fat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • So, @KC13, I have MFP set to lose .5 lb per week and I try to keep my fat under 20%. Would you do something differently? I am not actually that concerned about the number on the scale because I am at the lowest I have been since high school but I still have some belly fat I want to get rid of.
  • So, @KC13, I have MFP set to lose .5 lb per week and I try to keep my fat under 20%. Would you do something differently? I am not actually that concerned about the number on the scale because I am at the lowest I have been since high school but I still have some belly fat I want to get rid of.

From what you say it doesn't seem like you need to lose more weight, but need to tone your belly. What kind of exercise do you do to target that area? Switching up your workout routine might help out some.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Actually doing my workout routine would probably help :-S

my routine is to do ab ripper X from p90x a few times a week and then I have a free weight routine I do on a balance ball. I really haven't been doing it though over the last several weeks...
    I would adjust your diet to more protein (which fat can come with that).  A gal that ran the relay with us helps with a weight loss clinic and they recommend the plaeo diet to loose body fat.  I cannot live w/o grains though.
  • Yeah, I can't live without grains either, but I probably should up my protein. When I originally got down to this weight, maximizing my protein and reducing carbs, especially grains as much as I could was one of the best things I did. That damn cinnamon raisin bread is so good though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"