Health & Exercise
Options

Calories while BFing

I have EBF for just about 5 months now and have hit my first plateau with weight loss. I'm wondering if anyone knows a good resource or how to calculate daily calorie requirements while BFing while losing weight. I just started exercising three times a week and haven't been losing any weight. I think I am not eating enough calories. any help would be appreciated! TIA!

Re: Calories while BFing

• Options
    I was eating 2000, but dropped to 1800 and stopped losing. I am back up to 2000 (with working out) and lost 0.5 pounds this week. I wonder if 2000 is my magic number? 
  • Options
    I was told by a nutritionist that if you don't eat enough calories to maintain yourself plus what you need to BF then your body will hold on to the fat reserves you have to make sure it has what it needs to make your milk. So maybe you aren't eating enough calories. Try cutting the fat out but increase your calories a little.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Did you just add exercise to your routine? Are you eating those calories?

When I added exercise into my routine about 2 months into my diet, I didn't lose for three weeks! It was frustrating! But I powered through and started losing steady again. I also started eating the calories for two of my three runs bc if I didn't I noticed a dip in my supply. I started losing again too when I started eating my calories.

Ds2 is 8.5 months now, and I EBF. I eat about 2,000 calories a day and it seems to be working for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"