June 2013 Moms
Options

Are you vaccinating?

TheSurveySaysTheSurveySays member
edited September 2013 in June 2013 Moms
Lets see what everyone REALLY thinks about this issue!

Are you vaccinating? 194 votes

Yes, I am vaccinating according to the schedule. If you are not vaccinating, you are an IDIOT!
85% 165 votes
Yes, I am vaccinating according to the schedule, but I don't really care if people choose not to vaccinate.
8% 17 votes
I am vaccinating on a different schedule, but only because of my baby's special circumstances.
2% 4 votes
I am vaccinating, but spacing them out... just in case.
1% 3 votes
I am not vaccinating at all.
2% 4 votes
Other
0% 1 vote

Re: Are you vaccinating?

• Options
    I'm really curious what the "other" vote is for.  
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Haha the Other is me (I could have sworn there were more other votes when I looked at this the first time), my pedi doesn't do more than 2 in a visit which basically means we go into the office more often. SO we're not really using an alternate schedule or delaying but we are a little behind. Also I didn't like the 'just in case' part of the spacing them out option cause it made me feel I was saying I'm paranoid.
  • Options
    I'm with @slabm2b

It's been proven that vaccines aren't causing the issues- multiple times. Seeing your choice effects all of us- and our children, you are an idiot to risk everyones health for stupidity.

It didn't use to bother me as much as it does now, mostly because A had a high risk for CF, and I realized during that worry that she would be at an even greater risk every time she got sick than the "average" kid. Herd immunity only works if high percentages of people are vaxed.
    imageimage
    Our lil' diva: late like her Momma: 40 weeks 5 days!
  • Options

I voted for the first choice but I'm between 1 and 2. I don't think non-vaxers are idiots. I think they have a different way of thinking that is dangerous to the public, but mean no harm to others (even though they do cause harm)... I guess I just have a problem with the word "idiot"... Maybe because my sister is a non-vaxer. She is very intelligent, has a masters, but chooses not to vax. I didn't pick #2 because I do care if people don't vax, since it affects innocent people in a negative way. Eta: So I guess my choice would be: vaccinating according to the schedule, and I do care if people don't vaccinate, but I don't think they are idiots.

They are refusing to listen to science and proven documentation that vaccines work. Sorry, but that's unacceptable. My children would not be spending time with their cousins if they weren't vaccinated.
    I agree that it is unacceptable. I will still see my sister and her baby though, as long as no one is sick. We don't see each other much anyway since she lives in CA and I live in NY.

image image

• Options
    To the 3 people who voted they are not vaccinating... what is your reason for not vaccinating, out of curiosity?
  • Options

It won't let me edit but obviously people who can't vaccinate due to health reasons are an exception to being called a complete idiot.

I agree 110%, and for the children you're speaking of above who can't get vaccinated... It's even more important for the rest of us to get vaccinated in order to protect them!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I doubt the people who voted not vaccinating are going to speak up. I don't think I would if it was me. (It isn't) I have a diabetic niece who has a compromised immune system and I wouldn't risk her life by not vaccinating. Just saying.
  • Options
    Here's a badge for the non-vaxxers to wear so we know to avoid them ;-)
  • Options
    We have a few family members on DHs side (adults) who refuse to get TDAP, flu shots, etc. for religious reasons. Guess what? They also don't get to hold little man. We vac! Agree, people who don't vac need that badge from StephPegasus!
  • Options
    We vax, generally on schedule. We skip flu shots for me and the kids but DH chooses to get one even though he has still gotten the flu after having the flu shot.

I don't worry about the vax status of those around us. They make their choices and we make ours. My kids are as protected as they can be from the preventable diseases and that is enough for me to feel secure.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"