Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How long did you use witch hazel?

I'm 2 weeks postpartum and still using witch hazel in my pads at every bathroom visit. I went one day without it and ended up feeling sore and uncomfortable. I'm wondering how long other moms used it for. Oh, and I had a 3rd degree tear...if that makes a difference. 
Lilypie - (wpJS)

Kelsey Johnston's photo.  image  image 
Lilypie - (6yLP)

Re: How long did you use witch hazel?

• I'm just over a week pp, and I only use the witch hazel pads when I have a bowel movement. I had a 2nd degree tear.
    BFP #1 11/27/11 EDD 08/08/12 M/C 01/27/12 12 wks 2 days
    BFP #2 04/25/12 EDD 01/04/13(?) confirmed ectopic 05/16/12 6 wks 5 days 2 doses of MTX-Lost left tube on 05/25/12 Back to TTC, earlier than originally expected.
    BFP #3 01/05/13 EDD 09/17/13 u/s 1/24/13-great appt, measuring 2 days ahead, NT scan 3/11/13-great scan measuring 4 days ahead, A/S 4/29/13-another great scan can't wait to meet my baby BOY!!!!!
    My Blog

My Sweet (and Spoiled) Furbaby Cali
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PgAL/PAL Welcome

• Used it until the container was gone from the hospital. There's no shame in using it as long as you need to!
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

• Loading the player...
  • I still use them before bed time. When stitches start to dissolve (I had a 3rd degree tear) OMG does it itch, and the witch hazel helps SO much! So use it until you don't need to, they are amazing.

image image  image  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• This time I only used them about 1 week. With DD1 I think I used them longer.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
  • About a week and a half. 
    I will occasionally use them if I'm really uncomfortable, though. 
    imageimageimage

• Uhm, 3-4 days?  I couldn't stand the wet feeling.  If I have pain, I use the benzocaine spray. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I never put it on my pads, but i used a peri bottle & witch hazel wipes every time i went to the bathroom for 6 weeks.  My dr described my tear as "mild 4th degree."  I had pain & discomfort in my muscles, but it only hurt once or twice at my stitches.
  • I put the witch hazel on my pads for at least 2 weeks.  I also tore.  Use them as long as you feel you need them!!
  • I used them for as long as I needed them. They made me feel oh so much better. I also had a numbing spray that was given to me. My LO tore me up in all kinds of ways. My OB told me that I was one of the rare ones that had the joy of being torn all over :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I only used it while in the hospital because I forgot to take it with me when I was discharged and didn't feel like going out and buying more.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I used them two weeks but what really helped with the sore feeling was folding them in half and leaving them in place for an hour or so
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"