2nd Trimester

Back pain

I am 24 weeks pregnant and I am having INCREDIBLE back pain, especially at night. I have been waking up every 30-45 minutes in tears. Anyone use any certain body pillow or mattress topper that works well? Any suggestion is welcomed :)

Re: Back pain

• I developed terrible back issues with my first pregnancy.  I was given muscle relaxers, pain meds, and sent to therapy. Obviously I don't take the meds during pregnancy now. So now I just take baths, try to keep the strain off my back, and have SO massage it. Lower back is most of my issue.  I try to lay straight at night, with a body pillow, on my side,  with 1 knee on the pillow. My back is so bad that laying wrong will cause my legs to go numb. It's a pain, and I really don't go for any meds unless i HAVE to. So far, the only meds I have touched is tums, so I have just suffered through the back issues. Just try and relax. 
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Andrew Karol-4/10/2010
    Jase Eli-3/10/14

• Hi :) I just thought I'd share that I went to a chiropractor that specializes in pregancy today. First time to chiro since pregnant. Sooooo should have been going all along. Helped soooo much. Im38.5 weeks now... I also get prenatal massage now n then too. For a long time tho, every night I'd have dh rub my back. It hurt so much all the time. Best of luck to you! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"