Pregnant after a Loss

Too soon after CP?

I'm so excited and a bit nervous... I got a BFP yesterday after waiting over a week for my period to come. See, early last month I had a BFP and unfortunately it ended in a CP. I only knew about my pregnancy for a week, but within that week I was excited and was looking forward to the future. It was such a tease when I started to bleed and went to my doctor for an ultrasound, only to tell me there was nothing. He also told me that I wasn't getting a normal period and that it would take a month for my cycle to regulate so conception wouldn't be possible until after my next period. My next period was supposed to come this month and I patiently waited the 4-5 weeks (as predicted by my doctor). Nothing came but I have been cramping and having light spotting the past week, which is why I decided to take a test...and voila! Two BFPs! DH and I are excited again, but this time we feel a bit cautious. I set up an appt right away and requested to be seen ASAP. I'm going in on Wednesday and I'm hoping it'll be officially confirmed.

Has this happened to anyone else?? If all goes well, this will be our second child. I didn't experience this with our DD. She was a normal and healthy pregnancy though I gave birth a week shy of full term. I'm just not sure what to expect from a pregnancy so soon after a CP. I'm really crossing my fingers this one will be a sitcky one and I can experience the journey all over again with you ladies! My EDD is now May 28. Last month is was April 24.

Re: Too soon after CP?

• I had a CP in July, took a cycle off and am pregnant again. I think a lot of people do get pregnant right after a CP from what I have read. 

Congrats! We're due the same day! I've been taking tests every 2 days to make sure it wasn't another CP. I see the doctor Monday. Good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • britab said:
    I had a CP in July, took a cycle off and am pregnant again. I think a lot of people do get pregnant right after a CP from what I have read. 

Congrats! We're due the same day! I've been taking tests every 2 days to make sure it wasn't another CP. I see the doctor Monday. Good luck!
    Thank you for the positive response! Congratulations and good luck to you as well :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Your "apology" on TTCAL was not sincere.  You need to try again.  You posted your BFP on a board of grieving women and somehow that that was okay?  They have a right to be upset and hurt.  Many of us here are grads from TTCAL and the ladies there are our friends.  We defend them fiercely. What you did was wrong, whether intentional or not.  Please realize how wrong it was of you to do that and then sincerely apologize for hurting anyone who read your post.  
    I understand and at this point, I don't know how I can show I sincerely apologize.
  • Your "apology" on TTCAL was not sincere.  You need to try again.  You posted your BFP on a board of grieving women and somehow that that was okay?  They have a right to be upset and hurt.  Many of us here are grads from TTCAL and the ladies there are our friends.  We defend them fiercely. What you did was wrong, whether intentional or not.  Please realize how wrong it was of you to do that and then sincerely apologize for hurting anyone who read your post.  
    I understand and at this point, I don't know how I can show I sincerely apologize.

I have an idea...

Say "I am so sorry for posting this here. It was a horrible mistake. Please let me know what I need to do to rectify the situation."

Simple really.

BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

You don't know how to be sincere or how to apologize?  Calling the women over their "fiesty" after they were hurt by your post is not an apology.
    I think the answer is doesn't know how........that was not a sincere apology AT ALL! 

image    image   image

BFP#1 2/5/13 - EDD 10/11/13 - MMC@8wks - D&C 3/7/13
    BFP#2 7/10/13 - EDD 3/21/14- Eli's Here!!
    imageimageimageimage

~*~All AL Welcome~*~

FOR A GOOD TIME: ****/post/150810/thread

I have an idea...

Say "I am so sorry for posting this here. It was a horrible mistake. Please let me know what I need to do to rectify the situation."

Simple really.

I really am. What do you suggest I do to rectify the situation? I too had a loss and though it was an early loss compared to others, I know how it feels. I didn't like feeling attacked by many of you and yes, you have every right to be upset, but that's probably why I came across as rude and disrespectful. Being insensitive was not my intention. I am sorry, ladies.

I have an idea...

Simple really.

I really am. What do you suggest I do to rectify the situation? I too had a loss and though it was an early loss compared to others, I know how it feels. I didn't like feeling attacked by many of you and yes, you have every right to be upset, but that's probably why I came across as rude and disrespectful. Being insensitive was not my intention. I am sorry, ladies.
    This is much better!! Alot more sincere! A loss is a loss no matter how early and I'm truly sorry for your loss. I suggest you take the advice of ksyknelvr73 and post something similar to what she said.  Make sure to put your big girl panties on when you do it! 

image    image   image

imageimageimageimage

~*~All AL Welcome~*~

• snegde said:
    Your "apology" on TTCAL was not sincere.  You need to try again.  You posted your BFP on a board of grieving women and somehow that that was okay?  They have a right to be upset and hurt.  Many of us here are grads from TTCAL and the ladies there are our friends.  We defend them fiercely. What you did was wrong, whether intentional or not.  Please realize how wrong it was of you to do that and then sincerely apologize for hurting anyone who read your post.  

I have an idea...

Simple really.

You were not attacked by many. Just saying.
    *HUGS* snegde

image    image   image

imageimageimageimage

~*~All AL Welcome~*~

I have an idea...

Simple really.

That's why I originally said I get that it was probably a true mistake on your end, and no one is going to rake you over the coals for that. However, upon realizing that you made a mistake, just try to make it right without throwing in passive aggressive things that can hurt those ladies. No one is saying your loss isn't valid - I am sorry that you went through that as I had a CP myself just a couple months ago as well, and here I am, pregnant again. It's not that I don't get where you're coming from, but what I didn't get was the underhanded apology. I feel like what you just wrote above was a lot more sincere and would have been accepted on TTCAL had that been your initial response. I would suggest posting it over there.
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Congrats and welcome to the board. As the other ladies said, we are very protective of our TTCAL ladies since many of us graduated from that board. I realize that people make mistakes. I would suggest reading their blog and finding out what they are all about and then write heart felt apology. But please make sure you don't have a big ticker in your signature and even put a ticker warning in your title if you have a mention of your BFP in your siggy and you start a new thread since you deleted yours.

I am sorry a out your loss since we have all been there. Many of the TTCAL ladies have been struggling trying to get their BFP for quite awhile. Just understand where they are coming from.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our 3 Precious Angels That Left Us Too Soon
    BFP #2-EDD 07/05/13 - Tater and Tot passed at 12w3d. D&C 1/17/13
    BFP #3-EDD 12/19/13 - Peanut passed at 9w1d. D&C 05/31/13

Diagnosed with Hypothyroid 05/20/13 

BFP #4 - 09/22/13 - DD#2 born 05/27/14

All Alers Welcome!

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"