Pregnant after IF

hip and tailbone pain at night anyone?

it's not every night, but when it happens, it's horrible.  i sleep on my sides (flip between left and right) and it's almost like a deep bone pain that radiates from the side of my hips to my knees when i'm laying on that side.  also last night my tailbone graced me with horrific muscle like pain every time i moved.  i'm 21 weeks now and i'm wondering if i am going to have the pleasure of dealing with this more often now?!  :)  does this sound familiar to anyone else? 
Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
Started TTC 2009 with RE after 6 months.  
Clomid + Trigger x2; 
IUI + Femara x1,
IUI + Follistim x2;
IVF #1 (MDL) February 2013- BFN.
IVF #2 (antagonist) May 2013, First BFP of my life. 
Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image

Re: hip and tailbone pain at night anyone?

• I have it....I think....lol. Mine is more of muscle pain though. But in the exact same spots! I'm constantly flipping!!
    TTC #3 (#1 for DH) since September 2011. DX: Unexplained infertility with possible cervical factor. May 2012 did clomid with IUI - BFN August 2012 IUI #2 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN September 2012 IUI #3 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN October 2012 IUI #4 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN November/December 2012 IVF/ICSI #1 Retrieved 12 eggs, 8 fertilized. Transferred 1 beautiful embryo and 5 made it to freeze. Got my BFP! January 2013 u/s showed empty gestational sac. FET cycle April 2013.  Transferred 2 5 day embryos.  BFP!!!!!  2 heartbeats!!!!  EDD:  12/27/13
  • thank goodness its not just me!!! i've had lower back issues my entire life and was wondering if this was related but it's a different kind of pain than i've ever had before and is to the point where i just want to whine and whimper it hurts so much!!, as soon as i flip back over though it goes away within minutes.  how strange! 
    Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;
    Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh yes, I have had this for a few weeks. My tailbone hurts during the day sometimes too. I haven't really found anything that helps, unfortunately. But...you are definitely not alone!
    TTC since June, 2011 with anovulatory PCOS, 1 blocked tube, and mild MFI
    3rd cycles clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    4th cycles letrozole/Ovidrel + IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 = BFP! Twins due 2/5/2014
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yes, I definitely have this too, although some nights are worse than others. Experimenting with pillow placement has helped - especially one pillow between the knees.
    Married 8/2008. IVF with PGD March 2013.
    3/22 ER: 25R, 20M, 15F. 9 genetically normal, and 3 survived to Day 5
    3/27 ET: transferred 1 embryo, beta 9dp5dt=163, 12dp5dt=639
    4/25 1st ultrasound at 7 weeks = identical twins with heartbeats?!!!
    PPROM at 31w, delivery at 32 weeks of two beautiful girls
  • My hips kill by morning, but I just started noticing the pain about a month ago. I think it's because they are widening. :(
    ~ Everyone Welcome ~
    TTC: 05/2011 Me: 32, All Clear DH: 38 Dx: MFI Low Testosterone & 1% Morphology
    IVF #1 w/ICSI & IMSI, 12/03/12: ER: 27R, 20M, 15F
    4 blasts frozen (3BA 4BA 4BB 5BB) b/c of moderate OHSS
    FET #1: 02/08/13 Transferred 3BA & 4BA | HPT 5dp5dt BFP!

10dp5dt Beta #1 - 810 | 12dp5dt Beta #2 - 1843 BabyFetus Ticker
  • that's the reason my chiro gave me (widening) when it happened a few weeks ago, but it's gotten so much worse!  and don't my hips know i'm having a c-section?!!!!!  :)  
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • My right leg falls asleep and my left shoulder hurts most of the time so I am flipping all night with ya!

Amen to your hips should know you are having a c/s!! No need to go to all that trouble!
    TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • I have the hip pain too- soo annoying! Does yours continue during the day? If so I would ask your OB- mine does continue in the day and it turns out its bursitis. I haven't found a good solution at night. A pillow between the knees was recommended but doesn't seem to be doing much for me...
    Me:30 low AMH; DH:30 MFI (count, motility, morphology)
    2 rounds clomid 100 mg -BFN
    IUI#1- 25 mg clomid- July 2012= BFN!
    IUI #2 August = BFN!
    IUI #3 September = BFN!

IVF #1 November - converted to IUI #4 due to poor response = BFN
    IVF #1.2 February- converted to IUI #5 due to poor response = BFN
    IVF #1.3 April- micro dose Lupron flare with HGH; 14R, 13M, 11F! Transfer of 1 day 5 blast on 4/30, 4 frosties. BFP! Beta #1 9dp5dt= 179; Beta #2 11dp5dt= 442; Beta #3 4106 Stick baby stick!!

*trying to keep hope*

• I have scoliosis and am a back sleeper because it hurts my hips to bad to sleep on my side. Now that I'm having to learn to sleep on my side my hips hurt quite a bit. But it's the sane as you that when I switch sides the pain goes away.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I keep getting shooting pains like a pin is being jabbed through my muscle in the back of my right hip (kind of in the area where PIO had been).  I'm finding it utterly annoying that we aren't allowed to sleep on our backs anymore.  :-(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • last night i tried not only a pillow between my knees (which i've been doing), but a pillow between my entire legs, including my ankles.  as much of a pain in the rear as it was to try to keep still, it did help the hip pain!  
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • I definitely just told Dh about mt hip pain! Not tailbone, yet. But my back is starting to hurt. When I sleep and flip from side to side, my knees hurt and one leg falls asleep. Def have to start sleeping with my preggo pillow. Hope it gets easier for us, but I don't think it will. Our last month will be so uncomfortable, according my mom and sister.
    TTC Since 112010 Naturally. Diagnose:PCOS(ME) + Low Motility(HIM). Started IVF+ICSI Cycle 12312. ER 27 & ET 210 two embies transferred. *BFN 1ST IVF CYCLE.* **Getting as healthy as possible and will try IVFICSI#2 again hopefully in April.** -- HAVE FAITH; LET GO & LET GOD --
  • No hip pain but some serious issues with my back the past few days. It doesn't seem to be going away at all. I tried to use a body pillow but it is too bulky for me, so it looks as though I will have to buckle down and get the $50 pregnancy pillow.
    On 10/23/13 Baby Sophie and Baby Gabriel born at 21+5 weeks. They grew wings and flew away from us. May God bless them always. We love you beans!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Phoebe Jaslene born at 19w3d. We love you beba! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Get a snoogle!  My snoogle saved my life I swear.  I was in constant pain before the snoogle, but slept great with it.  And I agree with PP about having a pillow not just between your knees, but all the way down your legs to your ankles.  It really makes a difference.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • i have the back and belly leachco pillow and love it, but still wasn't helping with hip pain until i used another pillow for my ankles! 
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;

BabyFetus Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"