Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Breakfast ideas for 9 1/2 month old

DD is 9 1/2 months and has been eating baby cereal (rice then oatmeal) since about 5 months with baby purée fruit mixed in. Now that she is having 3 meals a day and graduated to real people food, I'm struggling with breakfast ideas. She is in FT daycare so I will pack it for them to give to her. She usually has breakfast about 9, 2 hours after her first bottle of the day. Suggestions?? Or should I stick to the oatmeal baby cereal with fruit since she really likes it?? Thanks

Re: Breakfast ideas for 9 1/2 month old

• What about just cut up fruit and maybe a handful of Cheerios? Or fruit and yogurt?
  • jfresh said:

We've done greek yogurt with either smashed up fruit or a puree almost everyday since maybe 8-9 months. It's been a great way to make sure he gets some protein. You could also make muffins and freeze them, pull one out and stick it in her lunch box the night before. A muffin and some fruit would be good.

She eats yo baby yogurt some days but that's not Greek. What brand of Greek yogurt do you give your LO?

• Loading the player...
  • Agree with yogurt and fruits. I also make regular oatmeal (not oatmeal cereal) and mix that into the yogurt.  I buy plain full fat yogurt.  Fruits is whatever in season - right now it is peaches, plums, pluots, watermelon, cantaloupe, grapes etc.  DS loves fruits, he will eat a whole peach in one setting.  I don't see why you need to use fruits purees, it is easy enough to cut up fresh fruits, and they are way cheaper!
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Does she feed herself yet? DD usually has fruit and whatever we're having. Toast strips, cereal that's been softened up, oatmeal, pancakes.. etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS loves toast, little pieces of string cheese and cut up fruit for breakfast. I guess it would depend if daycare would warm up the breakfast or not. If so send whatever you would eat for breakfast. If not choose foods that can be ate without needing warmed. Also agree with the yogurt and fruit.
  • DS loves the YoBaby yogurt! For fun snacks I put scoops of it on his spoons and freeze them. He goes NUTS for the frozen treat and it is also teaching him to self feed with the spoon!!
    photo MeandBubs.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We do eggs scrambled with cheese, yogurt, or pancakes for breakfast (with fruit). We do fage greek yogurt. 

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • Eggs, healthy pancakes, toast, fruit, yogurt
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS loves cinnamon raisin bagels with cream cheese. 
  • Our little guy lots toast with anything on it. Cream cheese, or I use pureed veggies or fruit instead of jelly. We sometimes do fruit, cheerios or yogurt. I still do oatmeal with fruit a lot because that's when he gets the most whole grains in his diet.
    Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"