1st Trimester
Options

Just doesn't understand

This is my first post on this :) just wondering if any mommys are dealing with non understanding bd'! We go to a family gathering & I'm 11 weeks pregnant with back pains, when I'm ready to leave he complains that's I'm no longer fun and just complain all the time'! I just wish he knew what it was like to carry a baby!

Re: Just doesn't understand

• Options
    He sounds like a dick. I will pull the "just wait" card. Little boy is in for a HUGE wake up call with an infant.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I think first time dads don't understand what they've done to us sometimes. My DH is very supportive, but sometimes he gets annoyed at me because I don't want to go out or do anything in the evening.
    He just had a wake up call though, because I had to bang on the bathroom door and get him out so I could puke.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You know, I guess as much as a man can be understanding (and my husband surely is), there's no way he'll fullt grasp what's going on. So, be patient. When we decide to go out in the evening, either we drive two cars, or he asks a friend for a ride home. So if I feel like leaving earlier I take my car and go, and he comes back later. Of course if I am sick he'll come home with me! It works pretty well for us.

• Options
    He sounds like a winner

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Yikes.

My husband was the opposite.  When I was pregnant with our first, he would fall all over himself to do every little thing for me.  I had to explain that I was pregnant, not an invalid.
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    MamaP19MamaP19 member
    edited September 2013

PrimRoseMama said: He sounds like a dick. I will pull the "just wait" card. Little boy is in for a HUGE wake up call with an infant.

This. If he doesn't like that things are different for you two now, he's probably going to whine
    a lot when your LO arrives. 
  • Options
    I think I'm just very lucky.. My SO rarely gets upset with me even when I'm being a complete shrew to him! He waits on me hand and foot and if I want to sleep I sleep. I'm very surprised actually but I think he is just thrilled to be a daddy again... Different strokes.. But OP your guy does sound like a dick.
    imageimage

Beautiful Baby Jackson born 8/25/2010
    Met the LOML 11/05/2011
    Expecting the LO 5/15/2014
    Getting Married 10/19/2014

• Options
    @ghostmonkey really? Bc the amount if sick I have been the past few weeks I would surely consider a disability! Give her a break. Even as a STM I feel absolutely terrible the first tri. Everyone handles it differently and I don't think she was "milking it" at all.. JMO
    imageimage

Beautiful Baby Jackson born 8/25/2010
    Met the LOML 11/05/2011
    Expecting the LO 5/15/2014
    Getting Married 10/19/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"