3rd Trimester

postpartum belly wrap/belt

Has anyone tried one of these? My main use for this would be to help with support after the baby is here.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: postpartum belly wrap/belt

• I'm a FTM so I have no idea if they actually work but I am trying it out. I bought a six inch ace bandage to wrap around my belly. I figured I would start with the cheapest option and if that doesn't work try a more expensive option like belly bandit or flexees.
  • chemily8chemily8 member
    edited September 2013
    Yes. I don't know if it actually did anything but it made me feel better. All the flab felt very weird!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I talked to my MW about this and she said she would order me one because I was so sore last time. Also it may be covered by insurance.
  • My hospital gave you one if you asked. No clue on brand or anything. All I know is, it was awesome! Recovering from a Csection went so much better! Less pain.
    DS1 - 6/07
    DS2 - 8/08
    DS3- 9/09
    DD1 - 11/11
    DD2 - 10/13
    DD3 - Csection Scheduled November 29th
  • I got a recovery kit for my shower it had a belly bandit inside and I loved it. I didn't use it for my first but got that kit for my second and it was amazing ! Make sure your pretty close to the size you order or else it won't fit right I did have to exchange mine for a smaller size but I had a new one within a few days. This is were my sil got it from https://therecoverykit.com/the-belly-bandit-28.html
    when ordering the correct size are you going by the size you were before baby or now the size that baby is here? 

• ewochnick said:
    Has anyone tried one of these? My main use for this would be to help with support after the baby is here.  
    I've lurked during both of my pregnancies but had been meaning to ask this very same question. I didn't use one with my DS and was wondering if the benefits were worth the cost. Seems like it would be a pretty good investment.
  • I used the belly bandit after dd. It was amazing and its in my hospital bag for this time around. It was especially awesome since i had a c section

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Good to know!!! I had a c-section my first pregnancy and might possibly have to have one this time and was wondering if it would help.  Anyone know that has one, how do you buy the correct size?  Do you go by your waist before pregnancy or what? 

• If you go to the website in the pp they have a sizing chart, way to measure, video to show correct fit, and tips to make sure you get the right size. It was helpful!
  • I loved mine. It makes you feel a lot more comfortable and it helps tighten things back up! I highly recommend it. :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • agfox92 said:
    If you go to the website in the pp they have a sizing chart, way to measure, video to show correct fit, and tips to make sure you get the right size. It was helpful!
    Thanks! 

• My hospital gave you one if you asked. No clue on brand or anything. All I know is, it was awesome! Recovering from a Csection went so much better! Less pain.
    This. I was offered one a few hours after my c-section. I kind of side-eyed it at first but once the nurse put it on I was in heaven. It really does help with the discomfort. Before you go spending money on one I'd check with your hospital first if that's where you're delivering.
  • MamaP19 said:
    My hospital gave you one if you asked. No clue on brand or anything. All I know is, it was awesome! Recovering from a Csection went so much better! Less pain.
    This. I was offered one a few hours after my c-section. I kind of side-eyed it at first but once the nurse put it on I was in heaven. It really does help with the discomfort. Before you go spending money on one I'd check with your hospital first if that's where you're delivering.
    I will definitely check, and ask my doctor at my next appt. :) 

• You can get "post surgical abdominal binders" at Walgreen's or Amazon, too. They tend to work really well but there's no reason to shell out the cash for a Belly Bandit when a surgical binder will do the same thing for $20.
    Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • I had to wear one during labor to move the baby down, they said to keep it to help get everything back to size faster and extra support. Don't go buy some crazy name brand one, get a basic post surg abd binder like above post says. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"