C-sections
Options

Nerve pain?

I had my second c-section 6 days ago and have been having very intense pain toward the left side of my incision/side of my belly. It was so bad that it had been screaming and in tears last night. I've spent the entire day in bed and have been minimizing my movement all day today. I went to the doctor earlier this week due to the pain and she said it was likely due to either the internal stitches pulling or because my incision was longer this time and it was from the nerves that were cut. It's horrible...the pain meds I'm on aren't even touching the pain. Has anyone dealt with this before? How long did it take for you to start feeling better? Any tips about how to minimize the pain (other than not moving)? I worry about what I'm going to do when my husband has to go back to work next week, ugh!

Re: Nerve pain?

• Options
    I experienced this with both of my csections (one emergency and one repeat). It's no fun!

Pain pills don't touch the pain at all and it hurt to just stand or sit!

The first time I started to feel better two weeks out. Moving around was excruciating.

The second time it took me by surprise because I thought my first terrible recovery was due to the emergent nature of things. I made sure to stay on top of my meds and move around as much as possible (I cried in the hospital halls the second night!).

I felt better within the week the second time. Sleeping on an incline of pillows or recliner helped minimize the searing pain of getting up. Keep moving and stay on top of those pain pills, stool softened and gas pills! Each day gets better.
  • Options
    I'm 3 weeks PP and I've had the same pain. At my 2 week checkup I asked my OB about it and he said it was likely damaged nerve tissue from the c-section. Pain pills weren't really touching the pain and he said pain pills wouldn't help the pain and that it's something that has to work itself out. He said it may take up to 6 weeks. It was beyond painful up until 3-4 days ago and now it comes and goes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm getting that pain too, started 6 days post CS and seems to be getting worse. My stomach feels extra heavy and when I walk for any length of time I actually hold it to reduce the pain.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"