January 2012 Moms
Options

Hemorrhoids after labor??

Does anyone else have hemorrhoids from pushing during labor? I swear some days it hurts so bad that I feel like I just gave birth. Anyone have any suggestions for relief? I'm already using preperation H and soaking in a hot bath.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

Re: Hemorrhoids after labor??

• Options
    have you tried Tucks pads?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Try soaking panty liners in witch hazel and applying them to your nethers. Otherwise, sitz baths three times a day, lots of rest, no straining & plenty of water. They should go down soon! Hugs. Hemmorrhoids are no fun. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Tucks pads worked well for me.  GL!  They're definitely not fun!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

DD 1/3/2012
    BFP 5/21/2013 MC 5/24/2013
    BFP 7/16/2013 EDD 3/27/2014
  • Options
    lp0lp0 member
    Thanks for the suggestions! My mom had mentioned the tucks pad as well so I'll definitely give them a try. I also heard stool softeners help calm things down as well. Thanks again, I've never had them before and they really suck :(
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Options

I got them with my son. I recommend getting them removed if you are done having kids (I am after this pregnancy). I use round cotton pads soaked in witch hazel (a lot less expensive than tucks and you can really soak them).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yup mine are really bad too - I have been using Tucks pads and I also called my OB about it and they gave me a script for a suppository - which seem to be helping too. 
  • Options
    Tucks pads have helped me a great deal!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I don't know if what I had was hemorrhoids or if it was pain from my episiotomy, but tucks pads were awesome. I also got a spray in the hospital (benzocaine I think) that felt awesome. 
    DD 1.18.2012
  • Options
    Oh gosh, I suffered from the icky hemorrhoids, too, and it HURT! Luckily, though, it went away after a couple of days. Like everyone else suggested, I used Preparation H (store brand worked fine, too) and Tucks pads (again, store brand worked). One of the nurses at the hospital taught me to put the Tucks pads on my maxi pad against the hemorrhoids and it felt SO good. Not only did it provide relief against the pain but it also helped to make the swelling go down. Good luck with yours!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I got hemorrhoids too after labor.  I used Tucks pads and Prep H.  I tried the sitz bath with some organic additives that I found on Amazon, but it wasn't my thing.  I ended up getting water all over the floor every time I did it.  My OB also prescribed me a great stool softner that I took with OTC fiber pills.  That made bowel movements at least bareable for the first two months.

As an aside, my MIL told me that after birth she had them so bad that she had to get cortizone shots injected into them.  However, she reported that they shriveled up and went away within a day.  I don't know how bad yours are, but I guess that's an option as well. 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Tucks pads and a bath to help soothe the pain.  Also, the hospital gave me some cream to use to put on them.  I would also suggest calling your doctors office and getting something like this. 
  • Options
    Definitely go for the Tucks pads (and change them often so that you stay cool).  Also, I might suggest a little self-inspection and/or a call to your Dr.  I had a couple that turned really red and swollen. When I took DS in for his 1-wk check, I had her look at them, and it turned out that a couple of mine had developed clots that she had to remove (with some local anesthetic, thank goodness).  They still hurt some, but have been MUCH better since.
  • Options
    Earth mamma angel baby bottom balm works great too! (Put it in the fridge to chill) it's a salve, which can get messy. Tucks definitely! And yes, they do suck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"