July 2013 Moms

Super worry and scare. Update!!

baabyy&moomiibaabyy&moomii member
edited September 2013 in July 2013 Moms
My SIL leaves just around the corner from my house, and she called DH to tell him someone was trying to break into her house, my H rush to her house to see what was happening, she leaves with her H and her two kids, her H had just left for work, this happened about an hour ago, I try calling H to see what's going on but he's not answering. Is only 6:30 here and still a dark outside. I'm really worry and scare and now every little noise I hear is making me really nerves. I really hope everything is ok.

Re: Super worry and scare. Update!!

• I did call 911about 20 min ago!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • I hope they are all okay!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Wow! I hope everything is OK.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Hope everything is alright!

• Hope everything is ok. Truthfully your husband should have called 911 & let them handle it. However, hopefully he is alright.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Scary! I hope everything is okay.

Hopefully the police have responded to the call. One time a man followed me home and tried to get me out of my car. I called 911 and they never showed up! Their reasoning? I called during shift change! WTF?!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• @valstulas that's ridiculous!

I hope everything is ok!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • valstulas said:
    Scary! I hope everything is okay. Hopefully the police have responded to the call. One time a man followed me home and tried to get me out of my car. I called 911 and they never showed up! Their reasoning? I called during shift change! WTF?!
    Are you serious?! WTF?! How scary though, I'm happy you're alright! 
    That's BS!!! 
    After 4.5 years our miracle IVF baby is here!
    Born 7/30/13
  • mermomo5 said:
    I'd call the regular town police!
    Isn't that who 911 connects you to?
  • emandiaemandia member
    edited September 2013
    So glad everything's ok! I called 911 last year because I heard someone on the side of my house and they never came. Wth. I was so scared.
  • So is 2:00pm here and police never showed up, the did text her a couple of times to let her know that her case was in the system and they will get there as soon as they can.. So this is what happened : about 5:30 in the morning her H leaves for work about 10 min later someone rings the door bell, she does not answer the door, she calls her H to asked him if he was the one at the door he says no I'm already at work. He say call the police, while she's on the house phone with the police, she's on her cell phone calling my H he didn't answer right away, then she calls her sister that's leaves right across from her, she asked her to look at the window cause someone was at her, by the time she looks out window, no one was there. My H then calls her back and rushes over there I know this was not the smarter thing to do but because they said the police was on her way, they felt more safe. we all leave very close from each other so it takes less then a minute to get to her house running, when he got there, they saw a man coming out of her backyard running like crazy got on his car a drove away. Luckily they got his plates numbers and a very good description of the car. Man that was really scary I hope this will never happen again.
  • I can't believe they never showed up. I would get my ass to the police station and demand to talk to some one about that. What if something happened to her? They would have a huge law suit on their hands. I would never feel safe living in a city like that. Glad everything turned out ok.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• I know is ridiculous poor thing she can't feel safe in her own house now..
  • WOW! This is crazy! I had a similar situation with someone ringing the bell just after DH left for work about two weeks ago. It was around 7:00AM (my 70lb black lab ran to the door barking like crazy). I went to the upstairs window and looked down, but didn't see anyone. I figured it was possibly a neighbor especially since we have signs up to alert people of our alarm system. Reading this makes me think twice.

I am very glad everyone is okay!!! Thanks for sharing - this is a real eye opener.

• mermomo5 said:

I'd call the regular town police!

Isn't that who 911 connects you to?

DH is city police here. The 911 call center usually connects the caller to the appropriate agency (city or county depending on where you live). Sometimes, if the situation is serious, they try to keep you on the line and relay messages directly to the officer en route. But there's definitely NO EXCUSE for them not showing up with a potential burglar on the loose.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"