July 2012 Moms

Zoloft Q

Who's taking it? Has taken it?

What are your experiences?

I've got the bottle and I know I should take it tonight but I'm scared. Yes scared of it

It will alter my brains chemistry. What if it effs me up worse? What if I'm a zombie? What if I gain weight? I've read the PDR about it today about 83926 times and all the side effects scare me. What if I'm not depressed and just exhausted?

So anyway. Please give me your experiences :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
What just happened in my diaper?!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Zoloft Q

• But don't you want your brain chemistry to be altered so you feel less anxiety? Just take it. If you don't like how you feel on it after a couple of weeks you can wean. It will be OK. Hugs!

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • My H is on Zoloft and while it may effect the sexes differently he is a completely different person on it, for the better. He says his anxiety and depression have decreased so much he can't believe he didn't start this years ago. He did have side effects for the first few weeks but they have all lessened and/or gone away. Give it a shot!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks laides for your input. I'm lucky my New/old OB NP recognized my issues. She's worked psych before and thinks most of my Mirena issues are depression symptoms. I actually asked my PMD for some Meds a few months ago and he wouldn't do it. He blamed my issues on work and parenting. It was a real blow to me bc I finally got the courage to ask for help. The NP did say she will exchange my Mirena for paraguard just in case
    What just happened in my diaper?!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I was afraid of all that too, especially because I'd been emotionally neutered of previous meds. When i was off everything, i was crazy and overly emotional. Zoloft was a godsend. Try it...you should see a difference in a couple of weeks. If you aren't doing well on it, you can wean off of it.

Just don't stop cold turkey. I get much worse if I forget it for a couple of days.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Been taking 50 mg for a few years, and it seems to help calm down my Type-A personality, which is amazing! I also read scientific journals and talked with my OB about potential side effects, and she was 100% on board with me taking it through pregnancy. I know everyone reacts differently to meds, so I would say give it a shot for at least a few weeks and make a decision after that. I do remember that one of the no-so-nice side effects is digestive issues. Those happened for me for about 24 hours and since then have never been an issue.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"