1st Trimester

6wks-april 2014-no morning sickness

Is there anyone else not experiencing any morning sickness or any sickness at all? I am feeling more tired than usual, sore boobs, and moody. I guess I'm just getting anxious for my first ultrasound in a few weeks..hope everything is ok!!

Re: 6wks-april 2014-no morning sickness

• I did not start feeling sick until I was closer to 7 weeks.  Now there are days I feel really sick, days I am starving (like today), and days that are somewhere in between.  When I was PG with my DS I never had morning sickness at all.  Not everyone has that symptom.  But, you are early so not necessarily in the clear yet!

• I am due in April and am 5 Weeks and have not experienced any morning sickness yet but I am sure it's just around the corner, more than anything I am bloated and have sore boobs
  • Loading the player...
  • Well that's good, not that I want it or anything but I keep seeing things like it's a good sign you're having a healthy pregnancy. & of course the risk of miscarrying is always there..but Maybe it will come more towards 7 weeks. Did any of you girls have an ultrasound yet? I will be heading into the 9th week when I get my first and I already want to call and move it up!
  • I didn't experience any morning sickness during my 1st trimester (at 14 wks now) - and so far a perfectly healthy pregnancy! My mom and grandmother also said they never had morning sickness, so I wondered if it might be something genetic too. I also read that 25% of women don't get sick, so I'd just enjoy it while (and if) it lasts!
  • I'm 12w and have not had any morning sickness (knocks on wood). I had a lot of cramping early on, then fatigue, and some headaches and mild nausea. I'm high risk (as I have type 1 diabetes) so I've had 3 ultrasounds already. Everything is fine! And the Dr. said I may just be one of the lucky ones with mild symptoms. She said lack of symptoms has nothing to do with how healthy the baby is. Everyone is different. GL!

Happily married since 5/3/08

My lil man, Ryan born 2/12/14

• My Mom didn't experience any morning sickness either so I am hoping it's genetic. I'm 6 weeks today and would like to get in sooner for an U/S but Won't get getting it done until 10 weeks. Dealing with cramping though the odd time and waking up in the middle of the night to pee, other than sore boobs those are my current symptoms. I may change my tune in a couple weeks though lol
  • This is very reassuring! Thank you ladies for responding. I do remember my mom saying she did not experience any sickness. Gotta stay positive everything is good! Just counting down to the ultrasound! :)
  • I was just on the thread discussing coffee and it seems like nothing seems to be consistent. Someone on there said that people that don't have nausea and morning sickness aren't having as healthy pregnancies as the ones that are.  I am just going to stick to everything is alright until I have an U/S that proves otherwise because I am one of those that hasn't experienced nausea or morning sickness yet and besides I like the reassurance I get from the posts that say it makes no difference!
  • Hello I'm at six weeks as well and no morning sickness. I do get queezey later on in the afternoon and night. My mother did not have morning sickness with me or my sister. My sister how ever had 24/7 for 9 months. Every pregnancy is different. So do not worry. And don't worry what others say about being a healthy pregnancy or not. Everyone on here is giving and receiving advise, that's it unless they are a doctor don't worry about it. In the beginning I worried about everything bc it's my first and I didn't know what was or wasn't normal. My best advice to you is, don't fret and enjoy that you have a miracle growing inside your belly. As for me it's the best feeling in the world:-)
  • I was NEVER sick with baby #1. No nausea, no cravings, no aversions. He's now a healthy & happy 1-year-old.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am a first time Mom as well and was getting worried becus i do not have morning sickness either. It is reassuring to hear other pregnant women post the same concerns that i have and other pregnant women reassure us we are fine. I am 6 weeks as well due in April.
  • Agree, I think it's so nice that we can all share that none of us so far have experienced nausea or morning sickness, I hope it continues and if it doesn't we can all go through it together! lol
  • I only have a couple food aversions, ( to sugar) and a tiny bit of wooziness if I let myself get too hungry. I'm 6 weeks now. My doctor was not concerned that I didn't have nausea.
  • I have the same if i dont eat soon enough. A lot of people I know experienced nausea and dry heaving around this time and so far I haven't experienced that
  • I am 9.5 weeks and no morning sickness at all. I have had 4 ultrasounds already and everything looks good. I think we are just the lucky ones. 

Me: 33 DH: 32 SA#1 low count (6mil) SA#2- now in IUI range!(30mil) Dx:MFI
    11/1- IUI#1,12/1- IUI#2, 1/2- IUI#3 all BFFN
    IVF#1. Long Lupron.ER 3/8 10R,4M,5F. ET 3/3-one 1AB, 2 frosties 5dp5dt-BFP!! Beta 3/25-794 Beta 3/27- 1794
    First u/s 4/8 saw hb. 4/22 missed mc 8w3d. d&c 4/26
    FET #1- bcp start 6/9. ET 7/12. 2 perfect blasts.5dpt-BFP!! 
    Beta 7/24 -1,239!! Beta 7/26- 2569 Beta 7/29- 7120.  U/S 8/7 hb 118! U/S 8/14 hb 143! U/S 8/20 hb 170. Graduated!! Stick baby stick! 

• Some women don't get any morning sickness at all and it's not indication that something is wrong. Every woman and every pregnancies is different. Mine didn't start until closer to 7 weeks. Just enjoy this time while it lasts and hope you don't get morning sickness at all.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• I'm 9w3d & no m/s for me either! I have the odd time I feel a bit queasy but that's it. I never had it with baby 1 so I'm guessing I'm lucky, mum or sister never had it either! I am however pretty tired, moody as hell & peeing all night!
  • I had evening sickness for a couple weeks with #1, but it wasn't bad at all. I had food preparation sickness with #2 until 2nd trimester. With this one, I've had nothing. Perhaps I'm too distracted by the other kids and my main floor renovation to notice any pregnancy symptoms. Mine are usually weird-contacts bothering me, breathlessness going upstairs, crazy dreams, increased sense of smell, runny nose.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree, it's hard not to read into things too much since it's my first. I guess take all the advice and everything I read with a grain of salt. Every woman will be different. I am very happy to be feeling this good and to be having an Easter baby!.. I am loving the thought of not being 9 months pregnant in the summer:)
  • Morning sickness is not a sign of a healthy pregnancy.

I don't agree with this. However, I don't think that a lack of morning sickness means unhealthy pregnancy.

• Morning sickness is not a sign of a healthy pregnancy.
    I don't agree with this. However, I don't think that a lack of morning sickness means unhealthy pregnancy.
    I think you are saying the same thing she did: Morning sickness or lack thereof is not an indication of anything.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm 12 weeks and have thrown up a grand total of 5 times. I've had very little nausea, an unexpected problem with gagging (had to start taking chewable prenatals) but otherwise my main symptom is just good old fashioned fatigue.

I'm healthy and baby appears to be healthy and on track. Just because you dodged the morning sickness bullet doesn't mean anything is wrong and it doesn't mean you won't have other wacky symptoms instead! :P

GREEN to PINK on 3.14.14 
  • Not having morning sickness does not indicate that you are having an unhealthy pregnancy, just as having morning sickness doesn't indicate a healthy pregnancy. Don't worry. Be happy that you aren't sick, because it sucks. Keep in mind that it doesn't always kick in right away, anyway. I know some women who never got sick until the 2nd trimester.
  • I'm six weeks and also have not had any morning sickness. I've had cramps, sore boobs, fatigue, hunger, and mild food aversions. It's nice to hear from everyone that not having MS is not a sign that something is wrong. Thank you!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi!  I am type 1 also, almost 6 weeks pregnant.  I have my first appt with my regular OB on Thursday (I was told by her that I will have a high risk OB also, but I live about an hour and a half from the nearest "big" hospital, where my endo is also), but they are going to do as many appts as they can at the hospital where I work.  I was just wondering what to expect at this appt, I had read that I will most likely have an ultrasound since I am high risk, but I wasn't sure what else to expect/what will be done.  Any info would be great, and that's great that you have almost no morning sickness!!
  • Many women never experience morning sickness. I never did with my first. It's just as common not to have the "negative" types of pregnancy symptoms as it is to have them; you just hear more about the women who do have them because they talk about them so much. If you have no symptoms at all, there's really not much to talk about until you start to feel the baby moving.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Little over 10 weeks and still no morning sickness
  • I'm 11 wks and I only experienced a little nausea after eating too much. But no morning sickness. My sister never had morning sickness either. 
    image image

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'd rather not have morning sickness. Last time at around 8 weeks I started feeling hungover some mornings for a month but that was about it. I'm okay with not throwing up.

I had a friend who was pregnant and thought she had horrible morning sickness. It turns out she had a missed miscarriage and she ended up in the ER because she turned septic. Being sick isn't always an indication that things are okay, and neither is not being sick.

• U maybe one of those lucky ones, like me. No sickness at all, I was tired all the time and hungry
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"