Baby Names

A new contender has entered the race! ;) PLEASE help!

edited September 2013 in Baby Names
So, last post I had, we were pretty much down to 3, and I was starting to gravitate towards Eloise... THEN, Eliana suddenly popped up as a contender! I am curious what your votes will look like with this in the mix as a possibility now?

If you recall from my past post, each name has some significance in some manner, like honoring a family member or reflecting heritage (Italian). The middle name has been decided to honor my grandmother. I know some of the first name choices don't flow as well with the chosen middle name, but I am less worried about that.

DS is Anthony Roy Keen (my father's middle name and DH's father's first name).

This baby will be _____ Gloria Keen.

Which do you like best?
Thanks!

A new contender has entered the race! ;) PLEASE help! 91 votes

Eloise (based off of my Italian grandmother's middle name, Louise)
43% 40 votes
Eliana (many origins including Italian, and kind of a smoosh between Eloise above, my middle name Leigh, and my mom and MIL middle name Ann ...?)
26% 24 votes
Lucia (an Italian name that we love, but no real family connection besides heritage)
14% 13 votes
Camila (an Italian name that we love, but no real family connection besides heritage)
15% 14 votes

Re: A new contender has entered the race! ;) PLEASE help!

• Eloise!! Lucia second. I really dislike Eliana, I find it too cluncky
    "I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass." Maya Angelou
    ~ Auntie to L: 2013 and Peanut: EDD 11/2014 ~

• I still like Lucia the best.

Eliana is fine and whatever, but I'm soooo over the Ellie-names.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Camila then Lucia both are beautiful
  • I prefer Eliana to Eloise, however I think of all your choices, Eloise sounds best alongside Gloria. When it comes to the other names, the FN and MN both ending in the 'a' sound is a bit much. That being said, you rarely say the FN and MN together, so I would just use my favorite of all the names, which is still Camila.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I like Eliana but I think with the middle name Gloria, a name that doesn't end in A would sound nicer, so I vote for Eloise.
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I voted for Eloise because of the flow of the 1st & middle names. I actually like both Eloise and Eliana. Since Gloria ends in "A" that is why I didn't vote for Eliana. I still like both names. If you changed the middle name to something that did not end in A" then I might choose Eliana.
  • Eloise!! Lucia second. I really dislike Eliana, I find it too cluncky

This

• I love Eloise still. I dont like both FN & MN ending in 'a' 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks everyone!  

I'm not really worried about first name/middle name flow since the full name is not used that often... more worried about first name sounding okay on its own and first and last name sounding okay together.  With that said, ignoring FN/MN flow, would it change your opinion on preferred first name? 
    :)
  • Even just focusing FN/LN I'd still go Eloise
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"