Blended Families

FFFC

I'm starting a little early. I've been saving up this week.  These are very random but annoying me all the same.

Why do smokers hang their nasty cigarettes out  their car window and then throw the butts on the ground?  If you're a smoker, if you want to slowly poison your body and die, you should be required to keep your car windows closed tight and your butts stored in a stinky ass cup (or ashtray if you still have one) so YOU can enjoy the stink, not the people in the cars all around you.

It annoys me to no end how people use "vintage" and "antique" incorrectly to describe things on Pinterest.  I also hate how they incorrectly label design styles and eras. And if I see another person post that picture of the recessed outlet, because they think it's so wonderful that they can shove furniture up right next to a wall....I'll scream.

I love the new young professionals smack dab out of college who think they are hotshot and know it all.  I love them.  I really, really do because it is fun to put you in your place simply by just doing my job correctly without bravado, cockiness and entitlement.

And to the young entitled cocky asshole in the big truck who cut me off and almost sideswiped me...karma is a real fucking bitch.  Experience tells me (which you clearly do not have) tells me that she is really good at taking care of business. 

"he offered her the world. she said she had her own" - poet Monique Duval

Re: FFFC

• CurlyQ284CurlyQ284 member
    edited September 2013
    I hate my job.  I'm bored.  I spend a lot of time at work bumping/proboarding on my phone.  I hope we are able to move to SDs state in the spring, I'm looking forward to a LCOL and hopefully a new job so I'm not so bored out of my freaking mind. ETA I thought of another one. I get scared at night. Not because of the dark but because I'm legally blind without contacts or glasses. If I hear a noise, it makes me very anxious that I can't see anything. I'm mostly OK when DH is here but he's on a business trip and I'm scared to take my glasses off.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had this long thing typed out, and then ended with a sentence that made me sound like an awful person. So let's just say I'm sick of BD's shit.
  • Loading the player...
  • My fffc is that I look up BM and her boyfriend and my in laws on the county court system at least once a week.

BM has an open case for a repo but otherwise nothing exciting...yet

I also get irrationally angry when people say they had easy babies who slept through the night at 6 weeks and can play alone.

We are going on a year with a kid who hates naps, hates sleep and has to be on the go, destroying things or whining 99% of his life. Thankfully no one is stupid enough to give me advice any more because after a few hours with my son you realize he's no joke.

My friend who is a nanny, another who is a mom to three under three and my mom and granda who "know everything" were broken by him in a few hours

My last is that if we didn't have my SS we would have gotten rid of our dog long ago. He has serious social issues, barks, requires extremely expensive food for digestion and is way bigger than we ever thought he would get.

I regret the day we got him almost every day of my life and now researching behaviorists it's going to cost us around $800 just to get him to be normal and not try to attack the vet or bark at kids. I've had dogs all my life and none with a quarter of his issues. I seriously resent that dog and will be so pissed to write that check.
  • @nineoceans mine is an OK sleeper (not STTN at 6 weeks but not horrible) but all the other stuff sounds like him. He has a death wish. He won't play with his toys he just wants to stick his fingers in sockets (those socket protectors barely slow him down) or rip up my books or bite my phone until it cracks. I've gotten a lot of "wow, he's...um...he's really a handfull" a bunch of times with this weird fake smile.

People are starting to ask what to get him for his birthday. I don't know, he doesn't play with toys. Maybe some benedryl? (Kidding!)
  • andrea99 said:

Sometimes I literally can't believe I signed up for this.  I love DH and SD more than anything, but my life could be a fuck ton easier.  It has gotten to the point that BM is literally dictating what happens the day of MY friend's wedding and on MY anniversary.  It's not just messing with SD and DH now.  She's messing with me, and I almost can't handle it.  

I feel like that is the hardest part of being in a family; knowing that your life and your choices are affected by someone else (usually someone who you can't stand) and the only way to be with the person you love is to deal with it.
    I'm sorry you had such a rough week. Its definitely hard for me whenever I feel like I have to go above and beyond for my SS, when his own BM won't.
    "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu
  • CurlyQ284 said:

@nineoceans mine is an OK sleeper (not STTN at 6 weeks but not horrible) but all the other stuff sounds like him. He has a death wish. He won't play with his toys he just wants to stick his fingers in sockets (those socket protectors barely slow him down) or rip up my books or bite my phone until it cracks. I've gotten a lot of "wow, he's...um...he's really a handfull" a bunch of times with this weird fake smile.

People are starting to ask what to get him for his birthday. I don't know, he doesn't play with toys. Maybe some benedryl? (Kidding!)

Yep at the sockets and he has figured out how to pull off all the child protector stuff as well so the outlet covers, the toilet stopper- no match.

My closest girlfriend says he's "strong willed" which is a good characteristic for an adult....soooo just looking forward to adulthood now. I love him but dang he's a tough baby/toddler
  • CurlyQ284CurlyQ284 member
    edited September 2013
    SD1 is strong willed. I had my first enjoyable summer ever. She just turned 12 lol.
  • CurlyQ284 said:

SD1 is strong willed. I had my first enjoyable summer ever. She just turned 12 lol.

I'm done for then. My SS is the easiest kid ever

This is a typical interaction between us

Me: "want to go on an adventure?"
    Him: "yes where?"
    Me: "The grocery store"
    Him: "yayyyyyy!"

I can't have a high needs kid after such an easy one
  • This is more of a vent.  One of my SIL's (she is also one of BM2's really good friends) sells Stella and Dot Jewelry.  I will buy it from her, because I know they don't have a lot of money and I guess out of guilt, IDK.  So she talks me into hosting a show, which I do, but I don't put in a lot of effort.  I made the min amount of sells to get some free stuff.  I go to close the party and it is already closed, so I can't use my credits or half priced items.  I send her an email and she has ignored it for a week.  I am over it now, and will find a new person to buy from (I do really like their jewelry). 

This is also my SIL (her H is my husbands  brother) that said my H's family is toxic and forbids my BIL from talking to or spending time with the family.  Although I agree that H's family is somewhat toxic I would never cut him off from them.

• They say life hits you in threes. I hope we have had ours. Everything was going great until...

Friday, DH dropped his phone in the toilet. Blamed it on the cat. New phone$330.

Saturday, DH's uncle died.

Tuesday, funeral. After which, the transmission in DH's truck went out. $150 to get it brought home on a flat bed. About $1000 to get a rebuilt trans. That's without labor. Luckily, DH and a friend can do all the labor.

My FFFC out of this is that while DH is freaking out over all this, I'm pretty calm. I actually felt pretty empowered being able to take care of it all.

And one more... why can't I just for one day be that perfect mom with the perfect kids that throw no fits and tantrums?! This morning DS had a wonderful morning washing and getting ready for daycare and then d all because I unbuckled his seat belt before he did, he threw himself into an all out tantrum. I mean tears and slobbering and broken-heartedness. Ugh... and to top it off, they just "happen" to be handing out abuse awareness sheets this morning as I do of the kid who is squawling like he just almost got beat to death.

I cried the whole way to work and for about twenty minutes after getting here just because I was that stressed out.
  • Sometimes I literally can't believe I signed up for this.  I love DH and SD more than anything, but my life could be a fuck ton easier.  It has gotten to the point that BM is literally dictating what happens the day of MY friend's wedding and on MY anniversary.  It's not just messing with SD and DH now.  She's messing with me, and I almost can't handle it.  
    I feel like that is the hardest part of being in a family; knowing that your life and your choices are affected by someone else (usually someone who you can't stand) and the only way to be with the person you love is to deal with it. I'm sorry you had such a rough week. Its definitely hard for me whenever I feel like I have to go above and beyond for my SS, when his own BM won't.
    I'm pretty sure we have all felt this way at times.  I can truthfully say that there have been several times when things with BM hit all time lows that I thought of walking.  When we had to open a separate checking account because the State wanted to come after us for BM's fraud, I consulted with a divorce attorney.  When BM filed a false DVRO and accused my DD of physically abusing K (seriously, the girls were 8 and 6), I printed out the forms necessary for a Dissolution and started working on them.  What stopped me each time was knowing that the crap I was angry about had nothing really to do with DH, other than the fact that he got a crazy woman pregnant.  He didn't cause BM to get fraudulent Medi-cal, he didn't cause BM to completely lose her mind and harass me and my daughter.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• My FFFC:  Last night I told DH that I had a PTA Board meeting, but actually went out and had drinks with a few friends.  It was amazing and I'm not even sorry for ditching my family for a couple hours.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• DS stayed home from school today with a cold and I was totally bummed.  DD's birthday is tomorrow and I wanted to do a million errands and clean the house - - I have not accomplished anything.  I keep trying to tell myself that he is only young once and I am so lucky to be able to be home with him (I work from home usually anyway, but took today off), but still I felt like "why did you have to be sick TODAY?!?!?"  I also am mad b/c if I was just going to sit at home and not accomplish anything I may as well have been on the clock!

I completely forgot about DS' swim lesson (which I should have cancelled anyway).  I read the text from his swim teacher (private lesson) at 4:30 and we were supposed to meet her at 3:30.  The flammable part is that I don't care or feel guilty b/c she has flaked on us a few times in the past so I feel like we are even.  Plus I haven't seen her for 4-5 weeks (pool was closed, she wasn't avail) so she could have sent me a reminder (although usually *I* am the one who remembers).

• Ok, I have to add another one.

SD had to go to BM's tonight for her EOW visitation. She has a soccer game tomorrow. They (BM and grandmother) assured us she would be there on time. I told them her uniform was being washed and I would bring it to the game for her to change in the morning. At least this way I know they won't forget something, if they even make it to the game. When SD went home from the game with them a couple weeks ago, several pieces of her uniform were "lost."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"