Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Facebook...

I had a D&C yesterday after a MMC on Wednesday. My sister-in-law had a miscarriage on her first pregnancy a few months before becoming pregnant with twins but I never thought it would happen to me. My DD was Apr 27. I had not announced to extended family or Facebook yet. However, a friend announced 2 weeks ago on Fb and her DD is Apr 21. Also, my cousin announced on Fb the day of my MMC and her DD is Apr 2.

I'm distraught in my own situation about how I never ever thought I would miscarry and yet it happened. A small part of me wants to say something on Facebook or to these other "moms to be" on fb but I definitely know how big of a social faux-pas that is. Why do miscarriages have to be so secret? I'm sad and I just want to people to know how common it is in the first trimester. I don't know. I'm just confused at how to deal with these emotions right now.

Also, I ventured out of the house today to go to Hobby Lobby for some "memory box" supplies and saw a pregnant woman in the aisle I was shopping in. I had no idea how hard that would be. Makes me bot want to leave the house again for a while. I just want to scream from the rooftops "It's not fair!"

Re: Facebook...

• Thanks for the advice and I definitely welcome more.

My reasoning for wanting to share (but not going to actually do it) is because I wish my other mom-to-be friends could know I was there with them, due in April also. I know it's faux pas to tell them and I won't but its just going to be a really hard thing to celebrate when their babies are born. I just hope I am pregnant again by then. I should be, because I didn't have any trouble getting pregnant this time but I'm also afraid I will lose again.

I also wish it was more well known when women lose babies. I guess that's why people don't tell until second trimester.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"