Third-Party Reproduction

I saw my donor

I went to my clinic for E2 check this am and looked up in the waiting room and saw my donor...
There was absolutely no mistaking her, I recognized her from the pictures we saw in her profile.

We never made eye contact, but I was watching her, couldn't help it really.

We actually sat across from one another while we had bloodwork done. I overheard them say she had her suppression check on 9/13.
I know she started stims this day, so now I am 100% certain it was her.

She is exactly how I imagined her, very beautiful and put together.

As I sat across from her, I couldn't help but think that because of her I have a chance to have a family.

I'm still kinda in shock. I was not expecting this.

How would you feel if you saw your donor?

Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

IVFs#1-4: (4/10-2/12) all BFN

Surprise Bfp (9/11) - c/p

DS IUI#1-2 (9/12, 10/12) - BFN

DS IVF: (11/12) - BFN

DE/DS IVF#1: (10/13) - 2 day 3 embies transferred-BFFN

FET of 2 day 6 blasts: (12/13) - c/p

DE/DS IVF #2: (4/14) - 1 day 5 blast transferred...BFFN...again.

FET 5/14: 1 day 5 hatching blast transferred...another BFFN

Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

New RE, additional testing reveals elevated NK Cells

FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

Re: I saw my donor

• Oh wow! I was wondering if we would see ours or the other recipients on ER day. But it did not happen. I think I would have reacted like you just watch her and see what she seemed like.

Glad things are moving forward for you! :-)

April 2013 DE IVF= BFN

September 2013 DE IVF (Fingers Crossed) = BFFFN! again...

October 2013 FET of our last 2 = Beta Hellzz for 6-7 Weeks. M/C

• Oh wow...this gave me the chills..in a good way! I don't get to see any pictures but not sure if I would want to meet her. IDK...kinda feeling how Strudel was thinking :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Oh my gosh!!! I wouldn't of stopped staring too! I was lucky enough to get to see a few pics of my donor. I have a face shot of her with her 3 year old daughter and I looked at it like a million times! I also was lucky to see a pic of her daughter and one year old twin sons. It was really cool seeing how her children looked and they are adorable!!! Her daughter looks just like her!....
    I have too thought about what I would do if I saw her because I know what she looks like but she dosnt know what I look like. The funny thing is she is local to my area and we both are hairstylists!!!! So ultimately we both have to go to the same two places to buy beauty supplies and now everytime I go in one I've got my eye out!!!
    Me 34 and DH 39 married in aug. 2002
    Did 5 round of clomid 2010 =BFN
     High levels of NK CELLS DX sept.2012 DOR:# 0.02 
    IVF #1 May 2012  ER 4, EF 2, ET 2 =BFN
    MINI IVF Oct.2012  Cancelled 10-27-12
    Ivf #3 Antagonist Protocol April 2013
    Shared cycle..Donor cycled in July Got 12 eggs 9 fertilized and 8 frozen!!
    DE FET #1 Sept. 3rd 2013 FIRST BFP EVER 5dp5dt
    miscarried Sept 24th at 5 weeks 5 days
    Etopic  D&C and hysterscopy Nov 5 2013
    dx with pre genetic blood clotting dec 2013
    FET #2 Jan 31st  2014 
    Miscarried for a second time again at 5 weeks 5 days
    Currently fostering to adopt an amazing little 1 year old boy..P.J!
    FET#3  is Oct 29th 2014
    BFN on fet #3
    Last and FINAL FET coming JAN 28th 2015
    Everyone Welcome

• This made me tear up too! How incredible! These women are amazing for giving their gifts. What a treat to be able to see her.I totally get what you're saying and I think it's a beautiful opportunity! :-D

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
  • Overall, I think it was a positive experience.

I am reassured that she is truly how I hoped she would be. If she had been a hot mess, I think I would have lost it.

I didnt think to talk to her. I was so caught off guard and it was so early
    (I am by no means a morning person!) that I couldn't even really process what was really happening.

Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

IVFs#1-4: (4/10-2/12) all BFN

Surprise Bfp (9/11) - c/p

DS IUI#1-2 (9/12, 10/12) - BFN

DS IVF: (11/12) - BFN

DE/DS IVF#1: (10/13) - 2 day 3 embies transferred-BFFN

FET of 2 day 6 blasts: (12/13) - c/p

DE/DS IVF #2: (4/14) - 1 day 5 blast transferred...BFFN...again.

FET 5/14: 1 day 5 hatching blast transferred...another BFFN

Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

New RE, additional testing reveals elevated NK Cells

FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

• Km672, I'm glad you were reassured after seeing your donor in person!  That is cool and I'm impressed you didn't try to make eye contact or anything like that, LOL.

I had a somewhat similar experience during my fresh cycle...I think it was about a week before retrieval when it happened.  I went in for monitoring and was running late and when my favorite medical assistant whisked me into one of the ultrasound rooms to take my blood, despite a very crowded waiting room, I figured something was "up". 

She knew I had seen adult pictures of my donor, so I think she was trying to mutually protect our privacy, as it was an anonymous donation.  I'll admit that I did have a fear of seeing my donor, not because I was afraid she would not live up to my expectations, but rather I was a bit insecure of what she might think of me (had she known who I was, especially since I'm in my early 40's and old enough to be her mother).  When I left the appointment, I actually saw her waiting in her car.  I suspected it was her b/c I knew she was coming from a neighboring state (and the license plate caught my attention first), then when I glanced at her face I recognized her distinct features, despite the fact that it was a very rainy day...it was kind of cool and surreal at the same time.

Anyway, my 'sighting' wasn't as direct, but in a strange way it did bring me comfort to know (and confirm) that the person I saw in the pictures actually existed and was doing such a wonderful thing for a complete stranger.

Me: AMA, DOR, undetectable AMH, carrier of SMA, MTHFR homozygous C677T, high cytokines, low IGg B cells, Factor XIII V34l mutation, High Anti-Phosphatidylethanolmine, borderline hypothyroid and mildly insulin resistant.

MH: No known issues, aside from MTHFR.

Recommendations from RI: LIT, Humira, IVIG, Lovenox, Baby Aspirin, Folic Acid, Low-dose synthroid and Metformin.

Currently taking:  Pre-Natal vitamins, Foltanx, Low-dose synthroid and Metformin. 

When cycling also taking: Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, Humira and IVIG.

TTC since 7/11/09..with medical intervention starting in 2010, including 4 failed IVF's and 6 failed IUI's...only "success" was a chemical pregnancy in 11/2012 (credited to use of DE).

FET #1 (11th cycle) on 8/23/13 = BFN.

FET #2 (12th cycle) Transfer of last two (day 6) donor egg blasts on 1/22/14 = BFP, EDD = 10/10/14 (please stick little BOY!)

My favorite breed:

***PAIF/SAIF always welcome***

• So...what I'm hearing is, don't wear yoga pants to clinic. ;) What constitutes a hot mess, exactly?
  • So...what I'm hearing is, don't wear yoga pants to clinic. ;) What constitutes a hot mess, exactly?

lol...

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• That was beautiful...

• We met our donor and it was a total surreal experience.  Now you an tell your kids you've seen her <3

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"