Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

NEED ADVICE - Wedding with Twin 1 year olds

We have to attend a wedding this weekend and my whole family (Husband, twins and me) are all in the wedding party. Grandma and grandpa are watching the twins during the ceremony, but I'm nervous about how they will act, because when they are in mass they don't like to sit still. The church has a small cry room, so we'll use that as our back-up. 

Any tips for making it easier on the twins to make it through the ceremony? Snacks? Toys?

Thanks ahead of time for your help!

Re: NEED ADVICE - Wedding with Twin 1 year olds

• Options
    I hired a baby sitter/nanny to wrangle LO during getting ready, pictures, ceremony,reception etc.... Highly suggested. The baby sitter brought coloring books, bubbles, tons of stuff and she could take LO outside and keep her quiet when needed w/o anyone else missing the events of the day
  • Options
    I like pp's suggestion of a babysitter.  Do you have any young teen nieces/nephews/cousins who could be your "babysitter" at the wedding?  You can pay them cheap and they love to play with kids.  

This is a situation I wouldn't hesitate to let them play with a phone or tablet.  Or get some brand new books and quite toys.  

image   image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS was in a wedding last week. The flower girls were one and two. After they all went down the aisle we sat them down and gave them all smart phones loaded with games and cartoons. Worked like a charm.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Lots of snacks!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    Definitely lots of food, milk, new toys, etc.

If it were me, I think after they walked down the aisle (if they are even doing that), I would have the sitter/grandparents take them straight to the cry room... I think it's inevitable that they will make some noise during the ceremony, even if it's not a full-blown tantrum.  I know some people don't mind noisy children during a wedding ceremony, but I am not a fan. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"