July 2012 Moms

Caging my toddler...

I'm considering getting a security gate, and installing it in the doorway to Tumaini's bedroom. We could install the gate behind the door frame, and still be able to close the door if we have company over while she's sleeping. Her bedroom is childproofed, obviously, and all her toys are within her reach, Montessori style. 

However, I don't know how she'll react to being restrained in her bedroom. I'm scared she'll cry and think she's being "punished" even if she has never been punished before. It would never be for long, and with the layout of our home, I could see her from the kitchen when I'm making the meals, which is usually when I'd "cage" her in her room. 

Do I invest in a security gate or do you think she'd hate being restrained to her bedroom?
Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

Re: Caging my toddler...

• I hadn't thought about the fact that the gate would be convenient when we do the transition to the toddler bed, so I'll need it eventually anyway. I'll buy it now, and if she doesn't like being caged in, we'll put it away for a short while and take it out once she's ready for her toddler bed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"