October 2012 Moms

HELP! re: birthday photos

So I ordered this shirt for E's photos on Monday after I went to Gymboree and they didn't have it in the store. I was originally going to get his pictures done Wednesday since his party is tomorrow and I wanted to display them, but I moved the pictures to today at 10:30am so I could get the shirt in time. Well, the shirt is being held hostage somewhere in Northeast Atlanta, 2 hours away and has been there since yesterday evening. When I checked the status last night, it said early delivery today. Checked today, and now it's saying delivery Monday. So I moved the pictures to 4:30pm today, still holding onto hope it'll show up.

I'm super bummed if it's not showing up today. I fell in love with the shirt (it's super cute, matches the other outfit I'm putting him in and his birthday hat) and the alternative option I bought Monday just doesn't have me all that excited... it will probably work, but I just don't love it, KWIM?

What would you do? Still do the pictures with what you have? Do 2 sessions? I'm just going to Portrait Innovations, so my thought was I could still go today with what I have, and then take him back Monday to get a few shots with the shirt I ordered. It's not like I have to pay a sitting fee. Am I crazy?
Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

Re: HELP! re: birthday photos

• Melidee82Melidee82 member
    edited September 2013
    I don't think you're crazy.  I think you should do what makes you happy so you feel better about the whole situation.  I got LO's party invitations printed at one store and the colors were awful (orange looked brown, bright pink looked maroon).  I was so disappointed because I was really excited about them.  So I got them reprinted at another location even though I was essentially paying for them twice.  At first, it was hard to justify the waste because the invitations were totally functional, but I felt so much better by spending the extra money to get them done again.  I think we all occasionally have little things that we get excited about and have a hard time letting go of and this sounds like one of those things for you.  If the disappointment is really getting to you, I would totally go twice. 
  • If it says Monday, I doubt it will come today. Do some of the pics today , done Monday. I have about 5 birthday outfits for her so I don't think you are crazy, lol.
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"