Babies: 6 - 9 Months

sleep training.....wish me luck

I didn't think I would have to come to this point.  DD has never been a great sleeper but with co-sleeping I was getting enough to function and get by everyday.  Changing my ways tonight.  At 6 1/2 months I don't think I'm asking a lot for a 5 hour stretch.  Over the last couple months, she will go to bed at 8, up at 11 or 12 and if I feed her she eats for a few mins and falls asleep...up at 2, up at 4, up at 5:30, 6..... Not feeding her before 5 hours and then no less than every 2 after that.   This was kinda just a note to myself to be brave and not give in.  I can't co-sleep forever~!! 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: sleep training.....wish me luck

• You can do it! The first few nights will be rough. Just be strong and don't give in. You will be so glad that you did this in just a few short days! And you will be amazed at how much better you both feel after getting longer stretches of sleep. Good luck!
  • Make sure she's not going through the week 29/30 fussy period. It's not a true wonder week but this is when babies realize that mom can leave them behind. It makes them extra clingy. Mine is 6.5 months (3/6) and is really needing comfort right now. It may make sleep training extra rough on you both. https://www.mybabysleepguide.com/2012/01/when-are-wonder-weeks.html
  • Loading the player...
  • @PhieryBFly Thanks for sharing that info about the 29/30 week fussy period. That helps to explain why DD is being extra clingy and wanting to be held a lot.  I am not trying to start any bad habits by holding her more but I do enjoy the extra snuggles.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • This is a totally normal sleep pattern for an infant. If you wait it out, it will pass.
  • i had success with comforting/rocking/holding instead of feeding for any wake up before 1am (based on a 7pm bedtime)  or 2am if 8pm bedtime.  after that i feed him when he is showing signs of being hungry.  now we are at 1-2 wake ups instead of 3-4.

agreed that there are some fussy weeks at the 6 month point.   LO was super cuddly & clingy from 6-6 1/2 months. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Is your LO rolling or close to sitting? DS always goes through a really rough sleep patch right before/during developing a new skill. It was also right around that point where his first tooth popped through. I agree wtih PP about trying to offer the paci and not feeding every time.
    imageimage
  • We also used Ferber and had success. We all sleep better now. Stay strong. The first night was tough but it gets better if you stick to it. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"