Trouble TTC
Options

2 rounds provera?

Hi! So i searched the board as throughly as I could and didn't find what I was searching for, but I hope I am not asking a frequently repeated question! :) So I never started a period after coming off the pill. I saw my doctor and had blood work done, and everything came back normal. She said that my lack of periods are probably due to my exercise routines. I work in the fitness industry, and I have scaled back on my intensity but its a little tough to stop all together. I have had eating disorders in the past, but fall into the healthy weight ranges now, although still thin (5'4, 115 lbs.) However, she never asked for my specific exercise amounts or told me to gain weight or anything like that? My first question is if my exercise is the problem, wouldn't that have effectived my hormones and would have shown up in the blood test? For example, wouldn't estrogen have read low or my thyroid been off, or something like that? Anyway, I took 10 days of provera and no AF after 2 weeks. So i called back, and they are perscribing a second round of provera. Why would the provera work the second time but not the first? Has anyone else taken provera and had it not work the first time, but work the second time?

Re: 2 rounds provera?

• Options
    I don't know about the Provera, but in regards to the extreme exercising: I was told it was ok as long as it did not affect my cycles. Mine were regular and I was ovulating so I kept up my training until recently. Unfortunately, I haven't found it to be very comfortable to run like I used to before the meds. I'm looking forward to getting it back after I have my babies (pushing them along in the jogger!!)
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • Options
    I've personally never taken 2 rounds of Provera, but I've heard of it not working for some women. Have you had a BETA HcG test done prior to the first Provera round? One lady I know took Provera because AF didn't come after her Clomid round and it turns out she was pregnant. If you're not pregnant and since it sounds like Provera isn't ask your doctor about Progesterone tablets (they work just like Provera). Most of my PCOS friends take Progesterone instead of Provera because of the side effects.

I'm not sure about the vigorous exercise and I feel like that's a very good question to ask your doctor.
    TTC my #1 with PCOS since June 2010.
    Countless Clomid&Femara Cycles.
    Feb. 2014-April 2015=AF arrived on time. 
    EDD: January 14, 2016. Finally.image
    Expecting One Healthy Baby Girl!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"