Pregnant after 35
Options

does anyone have big age difference between oldest and baby to come?

there will be 6 1/2 years. i am looking for good books, etc. to share with my daughter. any suggestions? thanks, ladies!

Re: does anyone have big age difference between oldest and baby to come?

• Options
    Mine will be 7 years apart, so I would love some info, too!
  • Options
    Mine will be almost 11 year difference between youngest and new arrival - 17 years between oldest and youngest!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is number 4 for me. Oldest is 16, middle is 10 and youngest is 5.
  • Options
    DS will just turn 5 when the baby is born.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My oldest will turn 25 in July and baby is due may.
  • Options

My youngest now is 10 so their will be 11 years in between... I think your child is a wonderful age to understand and enjoy a new sibling.  Involving them in the planning is instrumental, but also continuing the things you do with that child alone is huge in my opinion.  Letting your child see the baby is not a replacement but an extension and addition of your love.

Best luck I am confident things will go wonderfully!

• Options
    My oldest is 19 and my youngest is 14 - I feel like I am starting all over again.  I'm more nervous this time around than I was with my first "wave" of kids!

• Options
    Our eldest will be 11.5, #2 will be 22.5 months.  #1 was 9.5 when #2 was born and she's the best big sister.  We didn't read her any books.

• Options
    My SD will be 11 in December, LO's not expected until the end of February - so 11 years... 

Sorry - as a FTBM (first time birth mom), I don't have any good book suggestions.  She's been spending time looking through the Sprout Pregnancy App on our iPad, which she thinks is great (until she gets to 20wks and the app shows a boy baby's "parts")!
    formerly skoczera
    ~s.h.
    38 y.o. w/PCOS

F14 October Siggy Challenge - Animals in Costume
    ...image...

August Siggy Challenge-Rainbows & Unicorns

March 10, 2014 - G was born

Lilypie First Birthday tickers    Anniversary       
  • Options
    Mine are 7 and 10. I don't really have any recommendations on books or anything, but I've just done a lot of talking with them. We surprised them with the t-shirts (don't know if you can see in my siggy pic) announcing "Big Brother" and "Big Sister Again" and a special dinner where we showed them the first sonogram photo and told them I was pregnant. Then we've just talked honestly, but on a level they could understand about how the baby is growing. They really enjoy seeing what fruit or veggie TheBump.com is comparing the baby's size to each week. Today they went to the 20 week sonogram with me, wearing their shirts and huge grins. :) I think it's really a lot more exciting having kids who are old enough to understand what's going on than it was having a toddler who really was clueless as to what was happening until we suddenly had this new baby living in our house. The only thing my daughter seemed to notice at 3 was that "Mommy wif a egg on da bel-we!" She thought my belly looked like an egg, ha! Other than that, she really never understood even when she came to the hospital to meet him that she was getting a little brother. When it finally dawned on her, it was like we'd went out shopping one day and bought a new doll or something. :p This time around, though, the two older kids really realize that we are getting a new family member and they will have a little sister forever and ever and it just means the world to them. I love the significance that they realize that on such a high level. And they thought the magic baby movie (sonogram, lol) was pretty darn cool today! :D 
  • Options
    Mine are 14,12 and 9. So it's been awhile. Feels like it's all new again relearning everything.
    Edd may 29/14
  • Options
    Mine will be 12 and 14 when the baby gets here
  • Options
    Our eldest will be 11.5, #2 will be 22.5 months.  #1 was 9.5 when #2 was born and she's the best big sister.  We didn't read her any books.

• Options
    There will be 26 years between oldest and baby.
  • Options
    samiaf said:

There will be 26 years between oldest and baby.

FINALLY! I thought I was the only one with a whopper. Congrats :)
  • Options
    My oldest will be 18, then 16 and 15 when this baby is born in June. They r all so excited!!
  • Options
    Between my boyfriend and I we have 3 ... I have a 21 year old and he has an 8 and 9 year old !  I m due in May all the other kids birthdays are June ,July , August 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    photo 60020120725ELE036.jpgphoto IMG_18642013130584_zps06545ab5.jpg
  • Options
    My oldest will be 2 weeks shy of 7 yrs old when the baby arrives. I haven't told him our news yet but he is going to be THRILLED. I think it's a great age gap personally!

DS #1: May 25, 2007

DS #2: Jan 7, 2009

DD #3 due May 17, 2014!!! Low lying placenta and DD measuring 1 week ahead at big u/s

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"