Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Side sleeper?

My DD is 3 days old and when swaddled and put in her crib on her back she eventual turns to her side halfways. Like she sleeps half on her side and half on her back. Her head is turned completely on her side. I am FTM and know they are supposed to sleep on their backs to reduce SIDS. Anyone has experience with this?

Re: Side sleeper?

• She just twists her torso? She should be good!

They really just dont want baby sleeping on her belly.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• She just twists her torso? She should be good!

They really just dont want baby sleeping on her belly.

Thanks!! Yeah looks like she just twists the torso and her cheek is on the sheet like when you sleep on the side. Glad to know it's not dangerous.
  • Loading the player...
  • My daughter did this the first few weeks and pedi said it was fine.. Now she sleeps flat on her back but her head to the side Question: is she swaddled when she does this? If so she might be fighting the swaddle
  • NKF312 said:

My daughter did this the first few weeks and pedi said it was fine.. Now she sleeps flat on her back but her head to the side
    Question: is she swaddled when she does this? If so she might be fighting the swaddle

Yes she is swaddled but would not fall asleep without swaddling. I thought we were doing the swaddle wrong at the hospital with regular blankets but we are using miracle blankets and it's the same still.

• EmR22EmR22 member
    edited September 2013
    My pedi said this fine. A lot of babies do this when they are so little. She told us when DS puts on more weight he won't be able to. He still does it (5 weeks ~10 lbs) but not when he is swaddled.
  • olga1311 said:
    My daughter did this the first few weeks and pedi said it was fine.. Now she sleeps flat on her back but her head to the side Question: is she swaddled when she does this? If so she might be fighting the swaddle
    Sounds completely like our daughter, the swaddle worked about a month then we had to start swaddling hands out ... She will stop rolling on side though, try not to worry Yes she is swaddled but would not fall asleep without swaddling. I thought we were doing the swaddle wrong at the hospital with regular blankets but we are using miracle blankets and it's the same still.

• My son does this. I never really thought twice about it, I think as long as they aren't on their back they are okay :)
    Lilypie - (wpJS)

Kelsey Johnston's photo.  image  image 
    Lilypie - (6yLP)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"