Blended Families
Options

NBFR - It's a freaking pizza delivery job

twister22twister22 member
edited October 2013 in Blended Families
Edited since TB sucks & is making this crap into a movie.

Re: NBFR - It's a freaking pizza delivery job

• Options
    Yea I had to do a crazy long test involving algebra(without a calculator), deductive reasoning and I don't even remember what else to work at Bj's Wholesale Club.  I especially enjoyed that within 2 weeks they started making me train new employees because I had somehow grasped how to use a cash register so quickly.  Oh and one of my managers was 4 years younger than me and had just gotten his associates(which I have no problem with going to school when you don't have to already earns you extra credit for me) and he really thought I was kidding when I said I had a B.A. in Psych and had taken some grad classes and was taking a break.  Oddly enough(small area haha) someone I've know my whole life(parents were college friends) and is my bro's best friend graduated HS with him and they still hung out...I got brought up who knows how and friend told him that no everything I said was the truth, he was still douchey after that but in a more helpful way haha.

Sooo crazy long story to say....retail jobs, restaurants jobs(which I have done) etc lately seem to take themselves waaay to seriously and a lot of times the way they work are a hot mess(manager was a higher ups son, at the restaurant the owners kids ruled everything etc).  

Hope he gets the job though :)  He deserves it for doing that PITA stuff.  
  • Options

Because he will be handling cash and going to people's homes, the pizza place probably wants to make sure he isn't a hardened criminal and also how to make change without help. 

Many low-paying jobs (retail, service) have a lot of employees who are on the fringe and could be tempted to steal.  My friend worked HR at a dept. store and she said they lost more $$ to in-house theft than to shoplifters.

Hope he gets it!

image "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @wendilea I had wide eyes the entire time I was reading that. Insane. Note to self: do not ever move there or near there.
  • Options
    Kids enrolled in college?
  • Options
    twister22twister22 member
    edited October 2013
    +just+j+ said:
    Too bad your ex doesnt have this initiative.
    Edited since TB sucks & is making this crap into a movie.
  • Options
    @wendilea your post makes me think of this

• Options
    twister22 said:

*sigh* Again with the stripper comments?! Sheesh!! ;-)

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• Options
    jobalchak said:

*sigh* Again with the stripper comments?! Sheesh!! ;-)
    @jobalchak you're only sensitive to it because you used to be a stripper ;)

I love how BSC BM is, and would love to know if there is even one parent left of K's classmates who doesn't think she's a looney-tune.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"