December 2011 Moms
Options

Mommy fail

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Mommy fail

• Options
    DS was sitting on my lap and I was playing a game on my phone, he fell over (not off) and bonked his head. My sister was right there and gave me a guilt trip for not paying attention. Oops! Mommy fail!

We swear WAY too much. DS' s first swear word will likely be worse than shit... We better work on that.
  • Options
    DD1 has been saying God a lot lately. I'm always telling her not to use that word, but then I catch myself saying it!  For example, the other day, DD2 slid out of her booster seat at dinner and fell with this loud thump on the floor (she was fine - didn't even cry), but I over reacted and said, "Oh my God" as she was falling. And DD1 said, "Mommy, don't say that!" Ummm... exactly.

And the way DD2 says fork, sounds an awful lot like another word. The other day we were eating out and she held up her fork and was screaming "Fok, fok, fok."  Lovely.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I swear A LOT. However, I am usually super careful around DS.  Something that I say a lot, not even thinking is "Oh god" or "Oh My God."  Apparently I say this a lot.  DS never repeated it until he heard my best friend's 8 year old say it.  Now he says it ALL THE TIME. And he says it with the same inflection that I do, so I know he got it from me. I've changed to gosh, but really I need to stop saying it all together.  The other morning I walked in his room and turned on his light to wake him up and he lets out a huge sigh and says "OH MY GOD".  He was NOT ready to get up. I honestly don't know if its better to try and correct him and tell him its not nice to say or just ignore it and hope he stops.  Mommy Fail.

IVF #1: 4-11-11= Transferred 1 beautiful blastocyst I named "Nugget"
    5 Snowbabies! Beta#1 4/21= BFP! 226; Beta#2 4/25= 944
    DS born 12/14/11

Baby #2 FET Nov/Dec 2013

12/13 Beta#1=BFP 349; 12/16 Beta#2=1,089. First ultrasound 12/26. DS#2 born 8/8/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~~

• Options
    I would be totally guilty of the same thing if DH didn't come up with his genius idea! We're both guilty of swearing a lot, so instead of saying what we typically would, he suggested we insert "Smurf" instead....it's pretty funny actually. On a daily basis you can hear us saying, "Awww....I totally smurfed up!" or "that smurfing thing was driving me crazy!" LOL!

Now eventually I realize we'll have to tone down the "smurf" talk otherwise our son will think the Smurfs are a bad thing, and people will look at him funny if he starts using it like us, but for now it's working. We even have my family on board, they throw out a smurf every now and then too ;-)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"