Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

How much does your 2 month old sleep?

Just curious how much your 2 month olds sleep? LO will be 9 weeks old on Saturday. There are days where she is up for hours at a time but lately her routine (if you can call it that) is to sleep until around noon (waking up to feed but going back to sleep). She will then be up for an hour or 2 and then sleep again and it's like that until she goes to bed. I feel like I am overly paranoid about her sleeping because when she was 4 weeks old, she literally slept all day. She would eat every 3 hours but never opened her eyes. We ended up in the ER with her having a fever and were admitted to the hospital for 3 days. I know babies sleep a lot but can't remember at what age they start staying up for longer periods through out the day. TIA!!
<Lilypie First Birthday tickers> <Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers>

Re: How much does your 2 month old sleep?

• Options
    DDs awake time is only about an hour and a half, give or take, and she's 11 weeks old. Her naps are only 45 minutes long but she doesn't stay up for hours at a time. Look into wake times by age, most babies this age aren't up more than an hour or so between naps.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It is not so much how long they are up during the day but how alert.  As newborns, they really shouldn't be awake more than 1.5 hours I believe.  DD is 7 weeks old and she is usually not awake more than that.  Sometimes she is only up for an hour or less.  But I have seen a huge increase on HOW she spends her awake time.  She is more interactive and I take advantage of this time to talk to her, do tummy time, play, etc.  I watch her sleeping cues and glance at the clock to see how long she has been awake.  And if she starts getting fussy than it is nap time ASAP.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    CBiggs85 said:

It is not so much how long they are up during the day but how alert.  As newborns, they really shouldn't be awake more than 1.5 hours I believe.  DD is 7 weeks old and she is usually not awake more than that.  Sometimes she is only up for an hour or less.  But I have seen a huge increase on HOW she spends her awake time.  She is more interactive and I take advantage of this time to talk to her, do tummy time, play, etc.  I watch her sleeping cues and glance at the clock to see how long she has been awake.  And if she starts getting fussy than it is nap time ASAP.

Yep. We max out at 30 minutes to 45 minutes between naps. Once the yawning starts its time to go towards sleepy land again. If I wait too long it's harder to get DS to sleep.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    My dd is 11 weeks and she is up at 6ish for the day, has one great 2 to 3 hour nap in the morning and then cat naps the rest of the day as we are out getting siblings from school and off to their activities, luckily she sleeps well in the car seat......and yes, I am one of those moms ok with sleeping in the car seat.......she is  also up twice in the night still.......

Karen - 36      DH - 39

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD is 8 weeks old and she sleeps for about 2 to 3 hours at a time and awake for about 30 minutes in between feedings. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LO is 11 weeks on Saturday. She can only manage to stay awake for an hour to hour and 15 minutes, including feeding time. She'll nap anywhere from 30 mins-2 hours at a time.
  • Options
    MeenaJo said:

DDs awake time is only about an hour and a half, give or take, and she's 11 weeks old. Her naps are only 45 minutes long but she doesn't stay up for hours at a time. Look into wake times by age, most babies this age aren't up more than an hour or so between naps.

This exactly. His longer wake period is usually 2 hours and that's normally in the late evening. DS is 9 weeks today.

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• Options
    My LO is 2mos3wks, and he tends to stay awake now for most of the day taking very few (maybe 2-3) cat naps (30 min or so each time after he feeds). He sleeps well through the night (with no waking period) for about 6-8 hours. I tend to just have playtime and interact with him while he's awake. If he starts to get really fussy and I know he has a clean diaper and a full tummy, I will lay him down to nap =)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"