26% 11 votes
About once a month
23% 10 votes
Every week
30% 13 votes
SS
19% 8 votes

Re: How often do you see your family.

• parents both passed :(  all I have left is my brother.. and well that's a whole other story....

SO's family I see regularly

When my dad was living I saw him a couple times a year

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• My parents come and visit us to see Rosalee usually every weekend. DHs parents are another story...I have given up trying. If I don't make the effort to take her to them then she doesn't see them. I am tired of trying. I have a brother who we see once a month or so and DHs grandparents we see about the same. So I said once a week mainly cause of my parents. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • winecastle14winecastle14 member
    edited September 2013
    About every other week to every 3 weeks. We try not yo let it go over that. DH's parents live close mine are about 1.5 hours away.

• My fam lives 3-6 hours away. We try to see my mom (3 hours) once a month or once every other month. My sister (6 hours) a few times/yr. My brother lives across the country, so it's once a year for him. DH's family lives here and we see them often.

image   My chart 

• I was seeing my dad once a week and still make it to see him at least once/twice a week. I am hoping if the nursinh home approves him it will be every day. As for DH's family, we see FIL about once a month when he comes through with his semi. MIL is once every few months.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• My mom watches LO twice a week so I see her all the time.  I see my siblings and dad maybe once a month.  My brother is still in college so it's rare that he comes home.

• I see my family about once a month (or every 6 weeks).  They live 3 hours away, but come up often.

My IL's however, I see them a few times a week.  They live next door (although there is acreage between us).  They will stop by in the evening to see DD.

Wickedly nice Step Mom to JJ since 5/2/09
    Born 7/26/01-- Adopted 3/6/02

Two and a Half Years, Too Many Treatments, One Precious Miracle
    Abby born 11/5/12 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• We see DH's family weekly.  But all my family is out west, so we only see them a few times a year.

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• lanea8712lanea8712 member
    edited September 2013
    I live between my sister and mom n dad.. So I see them all daily. We might as well have one large house. I enjoy it though. We are a tight family. DH family is 6-10 hrs away so 2x a year.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My family lives about 1,000 miles away so I see them 1-2 times a year. My grandma and mom are actually coming to see DS next month for a week.

FFIL comes down from Phoenix almost every weekend. FMIL watches DS the days we both work, but it's mostly just a "hello/how's DS?" kinda thing. FI's sisters/brother we see maybe 2x a year?
  • I see my parents at least every two weeks. they need their baby fix :). my sisters, not so much both live out of town and one out of state. neither one has met Z yet.  Hubby's family doesn't talk to him (religious issues) so we see them at random family events. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • angielayne926angielayne926 member
    edited September 2013
    We see family less than once a week but more than once a month. We're lucky that we have both sets of parents and siblings within about 20 minutes of each other so we try to get together as much as possible.

Edit: silly voice to text.

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • I answered once a week but I guess I am a SS too.

My MIL lives with us so I see her everyday....

My mother lives with my brother. I try to go there once a week. If I didn't go there I don't think I'd ever see my brother and SIL. I can count on one hand how many times they have come to us to see V. And we only live 45 min away.

My other brother is a nut. Lives in Texas and talks to none of us.

My DH's family (brother and sister and families) are over all the time or we are there. Spend lots of time together. Nothing ever planned... Just spontaneous!
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• MIL and FIL we see almost weekly.
    And probably will see them weekly now that I'm back to work and they are going to watch DS when I need to do something.

My father and step mom haven't visited in about 2-3 years. They live 2 hours away. I try to visit them a few times a year.
    My brother lives across the country and has 3 businesses. I see him about once every 3-4 years when he flies down.
    My sisters live 2-2.5 hours away. One visits about once a month. The others never. I try to visit them periodically.

I gave up on making a big effort a long time ago. I have always been the one to travel to see my family. My family seems to be afraid of the big scary highway. Lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"