Success after IF
Options

GTKY Poll

Sorry! A day late...

In preparation of cold and flu season! Saw signs for flu shots at the pharmacy and it got me thinking!

Will you vaccinate you and your family against the flu? 

Did you get flu shots before you had children?

What do you have on hand as your go to items when LO(s) has a cold? When you have a cold?

If you get sick, how to avoid spreading it to LO(s)?

Describe how you spend a sick day (home from work with NO LO(s)!):
dx: MFI 0% morph & low count. Occasional Anovulatory cycles.

TTC #1
  • IVF #1 4/21/12 - c/p
  • IVF#2 8/1/12 - BFP! DD arrived 4/10/2013.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
  • FET #1 3/18/14 - BFP! DS arrived 11/19/2014.

Re: GTKY Poll

• Options
    Will you vaccinate you and your family against the flu? Yes, at LO(s) 6 month appointment

Did you get flu shots before you had children? Only once and I still got the flu! I think the flu shot is BS to be honest as it doesn't protect against EVERY strain of the flu, but since my pedi/OB recommend it, I will of course follow doctor's orders!

What do you have on hand as your go to items when LO(s) has a cold? When you have a cold? 
    For LO: Baby Vicks, Boogie Wipes, Saline nasal spray, Tylenol, Humidifier
    For me: Tissues, Saline nasal spray, Tylenol Cold, Homemade Egg Drop soup with chicken broth - yum!

If you get sick, how to avoid spreading it to LO(s)? Wash my hands CONSTANTLY and try not to kiss her on the face or hands, there's no avoiding it really because she needs to be held constantly and I'm the one home with her all day. Tips appreciated!

Big mug of peppermint tea in bed while perusing Pinterest on my iPad and watching reruns of girly shows that DH won't watch: Downton Abbey, Call the Midwife, Grey's Anatomy to name a few!
    dx: MFI 0% morph & low count. Occasional Anovulatory cycles.

TTC #1
    • IVF #1 4/21/12 - c/p
    • IVF#2 8/1/12 - BFP! DD arrived 4/10/2013.

TTC #2
    • FET #1 3/18/14 - BFP! DS arrived 11/19/2014.

• Options
    Will you vaccinate you and your family against the flu? 
    Absolutely!

Did you get flu shots before you had children?
    Yes. I was in the health care sector so I had to get a flu shot every year. AFter I quit, I didn't bother getting flu shots until last year just before M was born.

Honestly, not much. We have one of those bulbs to suck snort out, but we never used it on M.  We give him Tyleno/Morin before bed.

If you get sick, how to avoid spreading it to LO(s)?
    HOnestly, I don't think there's anyway around it. I SAH and EBF, so there's just way too much contact all day long

Describe how you spend a sick day (home from work with NO LO(s)!)
    TBH, I never took a sick day when I was working.  My job reallly didn't allow for me getting sick; there's just not enough bodies to do the work that needs to get done.  The only time I was sent home was I thought I had appendicitis, and I got a CT scan in the ER (which was negative.)  My boss got wind of it and he came in to relief me of my shift.  I was going to finish my shift actually...

TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Will you vaccinate you and your family against the flu? I'm undecided this year.  I got SLAMMED with Influenza B in March even though I had the shot (and I actually think that strand was included in the shot???) and when I was pregnant with my daughter I got the flu shot and then got so sick the next day soooo I basically think they are pointless.  I did get one again while pregnant with my son because my OB thought it was a coincidence that I got the flu after getting the flu shot the first time and I didn't end up getting the flu that winter but I'm not sure if I'm going to get the shot this time.  Haven't decided yet.  My husband has never had a flu shot and has never gotten the actual flu and we haven't ever given the kids flu shots yet.  Again, I just don't know!      

Did you get flu shots before you had children?  I did because I was a teacher and around snotty kids every day, but got sick all of the time anyway.    

For LO:  Kleenex.  
    For me: Kleenex, and I might whip out the netipot.    

If you get sick, how to avoid spreading it to LO(s)? Wash my hands all of the time and try not to leave any kleenex laying around, disinfect stuff as much as possible, but usually if one of us gets sick we all get sick.  

Uh ... I've never had a sick day without my kids.  I'm a SAHM and we have no one that can watch the kids during the day so I'm SOL when it comes to that.  My husband did stay home from work for a day when I had the flu last winter though because when I tried to get out of bed I passed out and was totally incapable of taking care of the kids.  Otherwise, grin and bear it and put on a bunch of movies.  

Being super sick and having to take care of sick kids is the worst!  
    *My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• Options
    Will you vaccinate you and your family against the flu? Definitely

Did you get flu shots before you had children? I got it every year growing up, and got the flu every year growing up.  I went 18 years without it, got the flu 1 time.  Started getting it again when pregnant with E.

What do you have on hand as your go to items when LO(s) has a cold?  tylenol, baby vicks, saline spray, humidifier. When you have a cold?  Uhh, pho?  Not much I can take.  Lots of tissues I guess.

If you get sick, how to avoid spreading it to LO(s)?  Stop drinking after each other and lots of hand washing.

Describe how you spend a sick day (home from work with NO LO(s)!):  This has never happened, but I would guess it would involve blankies on the couch and trashy tv.  Maybe a smoothie!  That sounds kinda nice.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Will you vaccinate you and your family against the flu? Yes, definitely.

Did you get flu shots before you had children? Yes, every year. 

What do you have on hand as your go to items when LO(s) has a cold? When you have a cold? The nose sucker and his humidifier. I don't get sick often so I don't have much, except maybe some Vicks.

If you get sick, how to avoid spreading it to LO(s)? I try to wash my hands as much as I can. Knock on wood, since G was born, I haven't been sick.

Describe how you spend a sick day (home from work with NO LO(s)!): Reading my book! I can't nap (they give me migraines) so resting on the couch is my only option. 
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility

TTC #1 
    IUI's #1 - #3 Clomid = BFN's, IUI #4 Follistim = BFP
    Grayson arrived via emergency c-section on 7/28/12!

TTC #2 
    IUI's #1 - #4 Follistim = BFN's
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI + PGS: Lupron/Follistim/Menopur
    ER 4/13 - 19R, 13F, 4 PGS tested embryos, 1 normal
    5/14 FET: BFP. Beta #1: 123, Beta #2: 327, Beta #3: 854
    Cora arrived 1/23/15 via RCS!
  • Options
    Oh I am so sorry for you @mdiblasi10!  I love me a good nap.  If I don't get enough of a nap, it gives me a headache.  But I love napping!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Will you vaccinate you and your family against the flu? Yes.

Did you get flu shots before you had children? Nope. Last year was the first for both DH and myself.

What do you have on hand as your go to items when LO(s) has a cold? When you have a cold? For LO - benadryl, saline spray, nose frida, boogie wipes and his vaporizer. For us - lots of tissues, mucinex, sudafed, tea and soup.

If you get sick, how to avoid spreading it to LO(s)? Washing my hands every 2 seconds.

Describe how you spend a sick day (home from work with NO LO(s)!): I would spend it in bed reading, watching trashy TV and taking lots of naps.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options
    mnj05mnj05 member
    edited September 2013
    Will you vaccinate you and your family against the flu? H yes, DH and I probably not Did you get flu shots before you had children? We never did. I did last year just because I was pregnant. What do you have on hand as your go to items when LO(s) has a cold? When you have a cold? For LO: suction bulb, saline drops, humidifier, and Tylenol in case he's super cranky and nothing else is wrong. For us, not much. I'm a let it run its course type of person but sometimes I'll take a decongestant at night. DH usually takes alka seltzer like its candy because his colds will turn into sinus infections real quick. If you get sick, how to avoid spreading it to LO(s)? I wash my hands a lot and keep antibacterial wipes on hand for toys/bottles. I also try to let DH do all of the hands on stuff and I just talk to H or vice versa if DH is sick. Describe how you spend a sick day (home from work with NO LO(s)!): laying on the couch, watching mindless TV, and napping. ETA: I'm on my ipad and apparently it doesn't like spaces between questions, sorry.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• Options
    Yes, we will vaccinate. I have gotten the flu shot every year for the last 18y...yikes!!! I have ibuprofen and saline drops on hand for LO. I also have an echinecea tea and cold/sinus pills for myself. I believe in hand washing, no kissing, and keeping towels and toothbrushes separate for cold prevention. If I was home sick I would nap, watch a daytime TV movie and read a mystery book. With chicken noodle soup for lunch and a glass of ginger ale that has all of the carbonation stirred out of it.
  • Options
    Will you vaccinate you and your family against the flu? YES! I have bad asthma so anything to avoid having to get on prednizone while pregnant I will do.

Did you get flu shots before you had children? Yep DS got his flu shot at his last visit. Dog - dog flu thing in the nose haha

What do you have on hand as your go to items when LO(s) has a cold? When you have a cold? Baby tylenol in grape :)

If you get sick, how to avoid spreading it to LO(s)? No kissing on the face and hand wash wash wash.

Describe how you spend a sick day (home from work with NO LO(s)!): Won't be happening. Need to drag my butt in sick or not to keep a job since we are going through a really really slow time at work.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    Will you vaccinate you and your family against the flu? Yes, my hubby is military and in the Fire Academy, and EMT school so its required for all three! And now that my LO has started seeing the sitter again I will for sure be getting it for him and myself so we dont bring anything home!
    Did you get flu shots before you had children? I work in the medical field, and it has always been required, before that I never got the shot and never got sick, and now I get it, and still dont get sick. 
    What do you have on hand as your go to items when LO(s) has a cold? When you have a cold? For my LO: We have the Nose Frida, Vicks, a humidifier, tylenol, and we do warm camomile tea. For Myself: Nothing, I try to tough it out, maybe cough drops, and hot showers. I dont like to take meds, and feel like my body will take care of its self. (I know one of them, but I never make my child suffer, I always try to alleviate his symptoms.)
    If you get sick, how to avoid spreading it to LO(s)? Wash my hands, and dont share food or drink off the same utensils. Other than that, not much we can do. He certainly does not understand dont hug or kiss mommy!
    Describe how you spend a sick day (home from work with NO LO(s)!): Sick day with no kids? Sleep! Thats it, all I do is sleep! :o)

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"