Secondary IF

Big step for us..

.. And I don't know what it means yet.

We have been hanging on to ALL of DS's baby stuff- clothes, toys, shoes, everything, for 4 years now, in hopes that we'll need it again. I finally made DH drag it out of the attic and I sorted it and gave it away. My brother and SIL are on one income and so we gave them a LOT for my nephew. They were so appreciative and I'm happy we helped, but part of me feels sad like I'm starting to give up on my dream of having more than one child.

Just a vent, because I don't know how I feel.

Have you kept your baby stuff or did you give it away?

Re: Big step for us..

• Oh, and the stomach pain I was having might be heartburn/reflux, so my PCP took me off all supplements including my prenatal and put me on Prilosec once a day. I have to call and see if he thinks it's even ok to TTC this month, being off vitamins and on a class C drug.

It's some 2IF BS when regular life gets in the way of my hyper focus on having another baby.
  • Kept it ALL. However, we are only 4 months into TTC # 2.

But, that was very kind of you to do. I'm sure it was hard but, at least it's kinda "in the family".

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• Loading the player...
  • Awe, im sorry darlin... I know its tough! I held onto my DD's stuff for a long time too and gave it away when she was about 4... Our most current miscarriage was a little tougher, we were so happy to finally get a BFP that we went crazy and started buying things right away. My entire living room and family room downstairs was covered in baby stuff... Coming home from the D&C was heart wrenching to look at all of it. For about a month and half I wouldn't let anyone touch ANYTHING... and as time went on I realized it was time to put it away, So I had my husband store everything in the "Nursery" (Spare) closet. I think it is a completely natural feeling to feel a little sad...Even though I wish you weren't. I hope you start feeling better since coming off the meds/vitamins... I totally know the feeling about regular life getting in the way!! and I agree, its BS!! Keep your head up girl!! HUGS!!!
  • Sorry about your stomach pain. 

That was nice of you to help with the hand-me-downs. I ended up giving most of my DDs newborn stuff when she was still little, because my cousin had her daughter when mine was around 7m old. 
    I was sad, even then :( After that I held on to a lot of her clothes, because I bought a ton of nice stuff that she rarely wore. Other little things (everyday wear) I didn't mind giving away. 
    Now my older sister just had B/G twins, so I'll probably end up sending a lot of the nicer stuff her way :( Still makes me sad. I have so many adorable little dresses with tags on. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Fuck.  What a hard step to take.  I'm in denial still, we've kept everything.  It's crazy.  That will be be the hardest, when/if we have to do that.  

And how incredibly nice of you, to help your brother and SIL out like that.

TTC #2 since 1/2012

• Thanks for the attention, all- I'm sorry you're all here, too, but I'm glad I'm not alone!
  • That is great you were able to help your brother and SIL, but it must have been really hard for you. Do they know your situation?

We still have everything, although we are giving my brother and SIL our convertible car seats. We just got DS his big boy seats and realized that the convertibles would expire before #2 would be ready to switch out of them at this point. I am glad to help them, but I know what you mean that it feels like a step towards giving up. I hope you have some happy plans for the weekend!

DS born Jan 2010

TTC#2 since Nov 2010 with breaks for DH cancer tx (remission!)

Tube with hydro removed Feb 2013

BFP 11/11/13 IUI#2 clomid+trigger+prometrium

Beta #1 14dpIUI=106; Beta #2 16dpIUI=287; Beta #3 20dpIUI=1158

5w6d 1 hb 109 and 2nd smaller sac; 7w0d 1 hb 125 and confirmed vanishing twin

BabyFruit Ticker
  • So incredibly nice of you to help them! Hopefully that made it easier for you. We've also kept everything. Same with maternity clothes. Meh. Don't even want to think about it.

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• Yes!  Saving the maternity clothes!  I've kept it all, and most of it was from consignment shops, which means it was already old.  I'll be the least fashionable, most out of date pregnant woman if and when it ever happens!  Why do I keep it all?  Talk about craziness...

TTC #2 since 1/2012

• roughkat said:
    Yes!  Saving the maternity clothes!  I've kept it all, and most of it was from consignment shops, which means it was already old.  I'll be the least fashionable, most out of date pregnant woman if and when it ever happens!  Why do I keep it all?  Talk about craziness...

I'll one up your craziness. I have been buying a bunch of maternity clothes on clearance lately, because I am just so hopeful of getting KU again. It's really pathetic :/ I bought DD a "big sister" shirt, when we were on like month 4 or 5 TTC. I'm Queen Crazypants.

I am *THIS* close to buying a breastpump at BRU because there's an awesome sale going on, and I know I'll need a double pump. Wtf is wrong with me, for real?

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 2IF is so effing depressing. I feel like I'm becoming a crazy cat lady, sans cats.  8-}

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • roughkat said:
    Yes!  Saving the maternity clothes!  I've kept it all, and most of it was from consignment shops, which means it was already old.  I'll be the least fashionable, most out of date pregnant woman if and when it ever happens!  Why do I keep it all?  Talk about craziness...

I'll one up your craziness. I have been buying a bunch of maternity clothes on clearance lately, because I am just so hopeful of getting KU again. It's really pathetic :/ I bought DD a "big sister" shirt, when we were on like month 4 or 5 TTC. I'm Queen Crazypants.

I am *THIS* close to buying a breastpump at BRU because there's an awesome sale going on, and I know I'll need a double pump. Wtf is wrong with me, for real?
    What the hell, Mrs Castillo?  Are we twins?  I look at babysteals.com daily.  Do I have a baby?  Am I pregnant?  No, but I am so tempted to buy that shit sometimes.  It's hard to stop the planning, even though our bodies won't cooperate.

TTC #2 since 1/2012

• roughkat said:
    roughkat said:

What the hell, Mrs Castillo?  Are we twins?  I look at babysteals.com daily.  Do I have a baby?  Am I pregnant?  No, but I am so tempted to buy that shit sometimes.  It's hard to stop the planning, even though our bodies won't cooperate.
    Yes! Lets be twins and both get KU on these IUI cycles! Wouldn't that put our EDDs a day apart? I'll take it! 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • That is VERY kind of you! I wouldn't have been able to do it. I have a completely irrational attachment to DD's baby clothes. I have only been able to sell stuff that she didn't really wear. I don't think if be able to see another baby wearing her stuff.

Also, Mrs. Castillo I am also apart of the crazy club!! I bought a ton of maternity clothes from a girl I knew within a month of starting TTC. Of course now they will be completely out of season if I get KU anytime soon! And I also search on etsy all the time for Big Sister shirts.

Ugh I have 2IF...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oops I meant HATE
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wish I was crazy enough to buy more maternity clothes and crap. I WANT to, I've THOUGHT about it. But I always chicken out :(

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• LOL I just scowl when I walk by the maternity sections at stores. Damn those clothes, don't they know they're hurting my f-ing feelings?!!!!? 
    Also part of the craziness... I HATE going into our guest room. We've lived her for just over a year and there are absolutely no decorations, just a queen bed and our old nursery rocker. I swear I would be ok shutting the door and never walking in there until I'm finally very pregnant and ready to decorate a nursery. Stupid room.

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• I have all DD's stuff and she is six. I mean all her clothes, baby furniture. I gave away her strollers, though I still have one that is big enough to push her in when we go for walks.  I am sure I still have some toys--not really sure though.  I won't give them away either. Not till I'm done making babies!!

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
    BFP#2 Nov 2005. Baby's heart stopped @ 8w3d. D&C Jan 2006. Trisomy 18
    BFP#3 Nov 2006. My "miracle baby" DD born 7/25/07
    BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

BFP#5 11/9/13.  EDD 7/21/14  Our beautiful rainbow born on his due date!!

• My DS is 17 and I still have baby stuff of his.  After he grew out of a lot of things, I held on to them, and I wasn't TTC.  It's an emotional attachment thing we go through.  When the time is right and you feel right you can/will get rid of what YOU NEED to.  ((HUGS)) to all you ladies.  You hang on to those precious pieces as long as you need to. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"