Adoption
Options

Intro with a history of embryo adoption

Hi everyone,

I hope to start posting over here after a long history on the Infertility Veterans and Third Party Reproduction boards. DH and I have endured a difficult battle with infertility (severe DOR and MFI) and have travelled down the embryo adoption path for the past couple of years. We always knew we wanted an open adoption, and through it was a difficult process, we were able to locate and "adopt" two separate sets of embryos from two different families. The open relationship built with both families has been amazing. I've now done two frozen embryo transfers over the past year, and sadly both ended in a loss. I feel like going through this process may have helped acclimate me to some of the issues around traditional adoption. But I may be totally naive in that assumption. But I'm here to learn!

We are gearing up for one final embryo transfer likely in November, but I am starting to dip my toes into the traditional adoption waters because if this next and final adopted embryo cycle is a failure, we want to pursue domestic infant adoption full speed ahead.

As I'm sure many of you experienced in the beginning, the new path is terrifying and exciting at the same time. I'm overwhelmed by the costs, risk, and process. But I'm hoping that with time, just as I did with embryo adoption, I may soon become knowledgeable and confident and even be able to help others. I hope you'll have me on this board!

PS: I am very knowledgeable of embryo adoption and am an advocate for it. So if anyone ever has questions about EA, or needs to direct someone to learn more, I have an "Embryo Adoption: Where do I start?" tab on my blog (the embryo adoption link in my siggy will take you there.)

Thanks for having me!

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 

Re: Intro with a history of embryo adoption

• Options
    Welcome!

We do have occasional EA questions and I think you'll be a great resource. Post often!
  • Options
    Welcome, i'm new as well. i spent some time looking into EA but ended up choosing international adoption. looking forward to hearing about your experience. Hoping your next transfer is successful!
    Dawsons creek cast Pictures, Images and Photos image
    TTC since Jan 2012

Me (28) DH (28)

Dec 2012 Testing Complete: Me: Blood tests look great HSG "beautiful" DH: SA = normal Unexplained?

PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome.  We looked into EA but decided to do DIA instead.  The ladies here are kind and full of great information. 

****SIGGY WARNING****

Hashimoto's with irregular cycles  DH- 37 Severe oligoasthenoteratozoospermia

TTC since May 2012

HSG- all clear

March 2014 - RE appt. 
    April 2014- Saline sono all's good, terrible SA results - 8 sperm found all abnormal
    May 2014- Fert Urology- Bilateral varicoceles, recommend Donor Sperm
    12/2014-  Surprise natural BFP  EDD 7/31/15 Plan:  Starting foster to adoption, natural cycles

• Options
    Welcome!  We have similar diagnoses.  We are starting the DIA process and looked at embryo adoption briefly.  Best of luck in November.

Anniversary
    Married 9/29/2007
    TTC 11/2010
    Me: HSG 4/2012 Tubes Clear, Hypothyroid, PCOS
    DH: MFI, SA #1 2 million, SA #2 no sperm, SA #3 7 million total
    DH is now on HSG shots 2x week, 2.5 MG Letrozole 2x week, Vitamin B Complex, 600 mg Alpha Lipoic Acid, and 400 mg CoQ-10.
    UPDATE:
    3/2013 IUI with Femara, BFN
    4/2013 IUI with Femara, BFN
    5/2013 IUI with Femara, BFN
    8/2013 IVF with Femara, Bravelle, and Lupron, 4 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 3 grade 2 Blastocysts transferred day 5, BFN
    8/2013 Exploring domestic infant adoption

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"