October 2012 Moms
Options

Talk to me about selfies....

I just can't get my head around them... it's like, you stand in front of a mirror you point a camera at yourself and make some face that you clearly think makes you look smokin' and then you post it, like here's my hot self.  Am I wrong here?  Do you post them, be honest... maybe this should be my UO but I cannot stand them!  I feel like it's even worse when the camera/phone is in the mirror than when you point at yourself... somehow that's like "hheeeeey, checkin' myself out in this mirror and it looked so goood I had to share, in case you forgot how gorg I am!"

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

Re: Talk to me about selfies....

• Options
    damn work computer... I dont have sound.  :((

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

• Options
    I don't have Facebook but is this really a common thing? Like on a daily basis do you see a "selfie" someone posted?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    oh yes, sadly... not most of my friends, but some.

CafeMom Tickers

My Blog

• Options
    I'm going to ask my husband how many he sees. He has Facebook but I never see it.
  • Options
    millenials. am I right?

• Options
    millenials. am I right?
    I had to google this word.  :(|)

CafeMom Tickers

My Blog

• Options
    What's so bad about selfies? Yeah, it's annoying and conceited if every pic you take is one. But I take the occasional selfie when I'm feeling like I look good. Not every day or every week, but occasionally. Glad to know you'd all judge me though!
  • Options
    I agree with the every damn day selfies. I don't have FB but I do have IG and it annoys me. I think I have one maybe two legit selfies on my entire account. Do I have pics I take of me with my kiddos? Yes, but I don't count those pics as selfies. I think we're all talking the ones that girls post for likes or comments to boost their already big heads. When DH had a FB (thank God we got rid of them) he had a few girls...I believe they were ex hook-ups of his...that posted a new selfie like twice a day. It drove me insane. Of course they were pretty, but like come on! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
      Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I like the occasional self portrait. I'm an art historian for god's sake. But the bigger picture as a recent phenomenon is interesting to me.

• Options
    noooo more selfies here.. it's been years.  I used to post them if I got extra dressed up for a wedding, or something cool was in the background, but the last few years, it's just like...I'm too old for this!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LauraT25 said:
    What's so bad about selfies? Yeah, it's annoying and conceited if every pic you take is one. But I take the occasional selfie when I'm feeling like I look good. Not every day or every week, but occasionally. Glad to know you'd all judge me though!
    I figured this was a complaint about the endless selfie posts. To me the term 'selfie' kind of implies the obnoxious kind, not the occasional shot you take of yourself that has been around forever :)
    True story... like the people who litter my fb feed with them constantly.

CafeMom Tickers

My Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"