Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Transition to crib

DD is 6 1/2 mons. We moved her to her crib at 6 mons as she outgrownef her bassinet. For the most part she lasts any where from 30 mins to 1 hour before bust out crying. I am not a fan to let her CIO. Any recommendations? Or insight that it will get better?

Re: Transition to crib

• Options
    Is there a reason she is waking up so often? Bassinet to crib shouldn't be a huge transition unless her bassinet was one that was "snug" around her. Was she swaddled prior to crib? Any chance she is starting to teethe and that is why she is waking? What puts her back to sleep?

M/C 5w1d - 9/23/13 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    rm2013rm2013 member
    edited September 2013
    Do you use a night light? My LO does not like being in the dark. Also do you use a Sleep Sheep? The crashing waves sound soothes her to sleep. Do you follow a routine? LO knows that after bath and feeding it's bedtime in the crib, so she doesn't fight it.

Last, do you put her in the crib already asleep? The books I read recommended that you put the baby in the crib while they are sleepy but still awake. That way they learn to fall asleep in the crib and that it's a nice place. It really worked wonders for us. She will look around and move a bit, sometimes even fuss a little, then settle on down and go to sleep. I she wakes up later, it's not a strange environment so she will go back to sleep right away.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Her bassinet is a snuggy kind. We swaddle her after I put her in the bassinet asleep. It's a very gentle operation. Now we struggle to put her in a swaddle as she gets overheated when I nurse her to sleep (a thing I need idea to not do). She does not like her arms swaddle when awake before falling asleep. I just don't know what to do
  • Options
    We kept things similar to when she was in her bassinet by having a fan blows away from her, a white noise machine and night light in the room. We tried the same swaddle then tried sleep sack with and without arms wrapping option. I think my downfall is I nurse her to sleep. When she wakes she scratch her head, whipping her legs up and down and it completely wakes her then the cry begins. What else can I do?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"