June 2013 Moms

Thoughts on bottle nipple flow

I have been BFing and supplementing but this week after my supply officially tanked I have stopping BFing. I was using preemie nipples with the supplemental bottles because she would freak on the boob if we used a normal flow nipple. Should I continue to use the preemie nipples now that she's getting all bottles or should I go to the regular flow? How do I know when it's time  to change nipples?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thoughts on bottle nipple flow

• I don't know what the right answer is, so I'm curious to see the responses too. What I do know is I'm afraid of changing if he is eating fine out of the bottle now...

img_1297_lighter 
  • majwv8 said:

I only EFF, but we moved from Level 1 nipples to Level 2, when you could tell she was sucking so hard the nipple was collapsing. I tried a 2 and she was able to eat fine without it getting all over the place so I assumed she was ready. 

This.
  • Loading the player...
  • Good question! We're full time FF now too. DD takes 8-12 minutes to drink 5 ounces with a level 1 nipple. She doesn't make the nipple collapse. I'm going to bring this up to her doctor next week.
    BFP #1 10/5/12 at 14 DPO | EDD 6/15/13 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks ladies. I'll keep her on the ones we're using now since she doesn't seem to mind it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"