Secondary IF

SA before Clomid?

I was hoping you ladies could weigh in on this....I am scheduled for an U/S next Wed and then have a F/U with my OB on Friday.  DH and I have been trying since a year ago (with the exception of a 2 month break due to m/c).  We got PG on our first actively trying cycle and I had a MC. Since then I have not gotten KU and my cycles have gotten longer. So my OB has mentioned doing Clomid. However, the more I read about it the more freaked out I get and the more I think I would rather be under the supervision of an RE if I am going to go that route. I was thinking maybe we should do an SA before starting any fertility drugs..I mean wouldn't that seem like the right thing to do? He had one back in 2011 but that was 2 years ago and it's now been almost a year since he got me KU.  He eats a lot crappier than last year, has gained weight, doesn't exercise like he used to...I am wondering if all this has affected his sperm.  I have tried talking to him about it since I am doing so many things to get PG but it seems to make no difference.  What do you ladies think?

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
BFP#2 Nov 2005. Baby's heart stopped @ 8w3d. D&C Jan 2006. Trisomy 18
BFP#3 Nov 2006. My "miracle baby" DD born 7/25/07
BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

BFP#5 11/9/13.  EDD 7/21/14  Our beautiful rainbow born on his due date!!

Re: SA before Clomid?

• I vote yes to the SA.

I took three months of unmonitored clomid to no avail and the whole time we had a sperm issue and didn't know it so it was a real waste.

Then did 2 IUIs with clomid and still nada.

Anyway, I would get that ruled out if not now then eventually. You said he had one but a current one is still not a bad thing to have. I don't believe it was outrageous cost wise and is not invasive (or at least not for you :) )

Others may disagree but, that is just my opinion.

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• @KC1212 on the one he got everything looked good but it said "high viscosity and clumping". Since he just got it through his GP and it was before we were even married (he thought he was infertile) they didn't say/do anything about it. When we started TTC, I mentioned it to my OB and she brushed it off and said that shouldn't be an issue, that the sperm should be able to swim well enough. But I did some research today and it seems that can really be an issue in preventing the sperm from getting where they need to go.  Do you have any knowledge of this topic?

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
    BFP#2 Nov 2005. Baby's heart stopped @ 8w3d. D&C Jan 2006. Trisomy 18
    BFP#3 Nov 2006. My "miracle baby" DD born 7/25/07
    BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

BFP#5 11/9/13.  EDD 7/21/14  Our beautiful rainbow born on his due date!!

• Loading the player...
  • I vote on an SA too... you never know.  Good luck! 

• @Amores0121

No I'm don't :( My H's issue is count and motility. His #s were labeled "sub-fertile" and were told that it wasn't impossible to conceive, it would just take longer.

I would get an updated SA and seek an opinion other than OB.

Good luck! And keep us posted!

Sorry, I'm not much help.

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"