Secondary IF
Options

Follicle Growth

Hey Folks -

New here and have a question about follicle growth.  I went in for CD 12 monitoring on Tuesday and my largest follicle was 16mm.  My OB rescheduled the monitoring for this morning and the largest follicle is now 25mm.  From what reading I have found, it seems that 1-2mm/day growth is normal - this is 9mm in two days.  Possible or did the ultrasound tech make a mistake on Tuesday?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Follicle Growth

• Options
    That does seem more than "normal." Bottom line though it sounds like you've got a great sized follie ready to go!

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• Options
    I'm not sure but 25mm is a normal size, so I'd just be glad for that, you know? When I had my IUI I just did CD3 monitoring, then the U/S on the day of my actual IUI and my 2 follies were 20 and 25. So I have no idea what the growth rate was for them lol just that they were that big when I got the IUI. 

Good luck 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback and luck.  Just feeling anxious that I'll ovulate before my IUI tomorrow.  Positive thoughts! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @TremoloHoney I'm not 100% sure, but I *think* even if you were to O sometime this evening, you'd still be fine with an IUI tomorrow morning/afternoon. Remember the sperm have a much shorter distance to swim when they are injected directly into your ute, and the egg lives anywhere from 12-24hrs. 

FX for you!!  Try not to be anxious! 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"